Will MTVU work with an i3!
I heard that i3s could handle up to 4 threads. Will the MTVU speedhack give any effect on the emulation?

My Persona 4 drops to 55fps when opening Persona statuses when in boss fights
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Sponsored links

Does the i3 have 4 physical cores? I know some Intels "emulate" cores and MTVU shouldn't work on those.
the i3's have never supported hyperthreading, so if they are quad cores, that is 4 physical cores
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(08-10-2012, 06:06 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: the i3's have never supported hyperthreading, so if they are quad cores, that is 4 physical cores

clarkdales support HT i3 5XX i own a one ( should have waited till SB though )

and yes HT give 2-7% increase in performance compared to MTVU without HT on Dual cores
(08-10-2012, 06:06 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: the i3's have never supported hyperthreading, so if they are quad cores, that is 4 physical cores

Actually they do.
MTVU hacks does not help much for speed up instead end up using your CPU load higher!

not recommended to use!

off your 8 bit texture(performance hit)
off vsync(huge performance hit)

core i3 mean 2 cpu with 2 hyperthreading(HT)

last thing for your info about CPU hyperthreading

intel's proprietary HT Technology is used to improve parallelization of computations (doing multiple tasks at once) performed on PC microprocessors. For each processor core that is physically present, the operating system addresses two virtual or logical cores, and shares the workload between them when possible. The main function of hyper-threading is to decrease the number of dependent instructions on the pipeline.

Hyper-threading requires not only that the operating system support multiple processors, but also that it be specifically optimized for HTT,[2] and Intel recommends disabling HTT when using operating systems that have not been optimized for this chip feature.

Hyperthreading is a form of simultaneous multi-threading that takes advantage of super scalar architecture (multiple instructions operating on separate data in parallel). They appear to the OS as two processors, thus the OS can schedule two processes at once. In addition two or more processes can use the same resources. If one process fails then the resources can be readily re-allocated. The OS must support simultaneous multi-threading (SMT).
(08-10-2012, 06:10 AM)abdo123 Wrote: clarkdales support HT i3 5XX i own a one ( should have waited till SB though )

and yes HT give 2-7% increase in performance compared to MTVU without HT on Dual cores

wow apologies, i had always thought that was one of the abilities that seperated them from the i5's apologies!!
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****