Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
The 4200 is a game killer. My secondary laptop has a 4250 and gives me similarly poor results with PCSX2... The best you can hope for is to either use software mode (which will likely be too much for your CPU) or hope for the best with native resolution set... Many 2d games should be able to work, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything greater than that.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Alright, well I'm gonna try running persona 4 and see how that goes. Otherwise I'm gonna have to borrow a ps2 and beat it that way. Thanks
Does anybody have any experience how well the emulator runs with a great CPU but mediocre GPU. I'm just too excited since I can finally get to play some PS2 games again. The games that I want to play well are Suikoden 5, Final Fantasy 12, and Final fantasy X-2

I ordered this prebuilt PC and it's coming in a week.

Intel Core i7-2600 Quad-Core 3.4GHz
6GB DDR3
1TB RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA HDDs)
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 405 w/ HDMI

I plan on replacing the 405 with my current ATI Radeon 3870. I want to wait a few months for the price of a high end GPU to go on sale since I'm in no rush. There should be a great one on sale by the time Battlefield 3/Guild wars 2 come out
Not even sure what a GeForce 405 is... I see no mention of it anywhere... but since you're replacing it with the 3870 I can tell you that it will play almost all PS2 games fine at scale 2x and possibly 3x without issue.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-10-2011, 01:47 AM)Koji Wrote: Not even sure what a GeForce 405 is... I see no mention of it anywhere... but since you're replacing it with the 3870 I can tell you that it will play almost all PS2 games fine at scale 2x and possibly 3x without issue.

Yeah on slickdeals someone said the 405 is equivalent to a $50 integrated card...nothing special. It's good to hear that the build will handle PS2 games fine. I always assume that the emulator would run well mostly on the GPU
If I were to upgrade both the CPU and the graphics card and couldn't get both at the same time, which should I upgrade first?
(04-10-2011, 02:36 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: If I were to upgrade both the CPU and the graphics card and couldn't get both at the same time, which should I upgrade first?

It has been stated that PCSX2 is Very CPU intensive, So i'd get that, Although if you are going to get an i5 might as well get a new motherboard, Either a Gigabyte or MSI won't do you wrong, as for a GPU get a mid tier one, HD5xxx series is always good, Mid Tier but can play games.
[Image: 2555882.png]
(04-10-2011, 03:10 AM)Ashvanale Wrote: It has been stated that PCSX2 is Very CPU intensive, So i'd get that, Although if you are going to get an i5 might as well get a new motherboard, Either a Gigabyte or MSI won't do you wrong, as for a GPU get a mid tier one, HD5xxx series is always good, Mid Tier but can play games.

Right now I have an Intel Pentium e2200 at 2.2GHz, so I'm going to get a very cheap upgrade to an Intel Pentium e6800 at 3.33GHz. I am also going to get a GTX 460, but I am also going to use it for PC gaming. I am getting the CPU first because PCSX2 is CPU intensive, like you said.
So this is my system setup:

4gb ram
Radeon HD 6850
AMD Phenom II quad core 3.2ghz

So im messing around with it now and its consistently dropping below 50 fps in Final Fantasy 10 (I can definetly sacrifice graphics for consistent 50 fps, are there any specific settings I need or perhaps 0.9.6 will run it better?
Hi crunchynut welcome to the forums ..

did you try using speedhacks?