Will PCSX2 run good on my PC
Ok so im not super good with computers so if you could answer my question and not yell at me that would be cool. My specs are a Dual core 3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4,2 Gig ram and my Vid card is a GeForce 8500S. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

^
^
^
Weak to moderate and that video card is holding your back.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
your GPU is weak, your cpu could be quite good if we knew which game you are running, and which model it is...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am trying 2 run DBZ Budokai 3 IK it takes about 5GHZ so Im good on that. I think the vid card is good enough. I played it on my Friends laptop which was only a Quad Core 2.2 with 256MB vid and it ran at about 35-40FPS
Deathdragon2332 Wrote:DBZ Budokai 3 IK it takes about needs 5GHz

I dind't knew it needs 5Ghz. It runs well on 2.8Ghz.

Well, the speed of pcsx2 depends on your hardware and game. DBZ Budokai 3 should be able to run on your PC. Your GPU might be a slowdown, and you might get around 35-40 fps. Tongue2

[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(10-04-2011, 05:43 AM)Deathdragon2332 Wrote: I am trying 2 run DBZ Budokai 3 IK it takes about 5GHZ so Im good on that. I think the vid card is good enough. I played it on my Friends laptop which was only a Quad Core 2.2 with 256MB vid and it ran at about 35-40FPS

Prove it.
Pentium dual core is POS. get a better pc.
(10-04-2011, 05:08 AM)Deathdragon2332 Wrote: Ok so im not super good with computers so if you could answer my question and not yell at me that would be cool. My specs are a Dual core 3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4,2 Gig ram and my Vid card is a GeForce 8500S. Thank you in advance.

That's a Pentium 4 dual core?
I'm guessing you're reporting the logical cores then.

If that's a Hyper-threaded Pentium 4, refer to the first post of this thread (which is also where these posts should go Wink).
You could double check your GPU model number, but if that's a "GS", it's not going to be very capable (a good 256mb GPU could out-perform it).

(10-04-2011, 09:24 AM)naoan Wrote: Pentium dual core is POS. get a better pc.

Don't forget that true Pentium Dual Core processors exist among different architectures (i.e. an i3 without Hyper-threading). So be careful when calling them all out at once. Tongue
Pentium D is netburst
Pentium Dual Core is Pentium M/Core 2

and has since dropped the Dual Core in the name and gone back to just Pentium
I'm guessing his cpu is D or HT P4, which is equally pos.