Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will PCSX2 take advantage of the Skulltrail Platform
Bug 
Hello everyone I just wanted to ask about PCSX2's support for the Skulltrial platform by Intel, I ask this because I am trying to get Jak & Daxter: The Precursor of Legacy working, and I have but I am only getting 5-10 FPS. And I have an 8 core computer and shocked by these results. Here is my setup

MOBO: 1x Intel Skulltrail MotherBoard with 2 LGA (Land Grid Array) 771 Sockets Extended ATX Form Factor
CPU: 2x Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-Core QX9775 Processors @ 3.2 GHZ.
GPU: 2x XFX Radeon HD 5970's with 2GB of GDDR5 RAM in CrossFireX Engine Clock: 1 GHZ Memory Clock: 2 GHZ per GPU.
RAM: 4x DataRam PC2-6400 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 FB-DIMM's (4X1) ECC Data Integrity Check @ 800MHZ Memory Modules for a total of 16GB of SDRAM.
APU: 1x Creative Labs X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Blaster Audio Card with 64MB of X-RAM.
PSU: Ultra X4 1600 watt Power Supply Unit
Case: Digital Storm 950si
Cooling Methods: 2x Prometia Mach II GT Phase Coolers with R404a Refrigerant with LGA 775 Mounting Cooler Heads Skulltrail has different cooling sockets...

I just don't know whats going on here if anyone has any idea what may be the problem is please post.

Angry

Sponsored links

zomg, so you can play about anything on that Tongue(pc games ofc)

I'm no tech guru, but if PCSX2 can only use 2 cores, it won't matter how many cores you have in plus, they will just idle.
(02-16-2010, 02:21 AM)bmate Wrote: zomg, so you can play about anything on that Tongue(pc games ofc)

I'm no tech guru, but if PCSX2 can only use 2 cores, it won't matter how many cores you have in plus, they will just idle.

Thank You for the info I forgot to check the utilize 2 cores at a time setting. Is it also true that PCSX2 only take advantage of one GPU. Somebody told me that in software mode PCSX2 can take more than 2 threads at a time.Smile
(02-16-2010, 02:26 AM)Geist Wrote:
(02-16-2010, 02:21 AM)bmate Wrote: zomg, so you can play about anything on that Tongue(pc games ofc)

Thank You for the info I forgot to check the utilize 2 cores at a time setting. Is it also true that PCSX2 only take advantage of one GPU. Somebody told me that in software mode PCSX2 can take more than 2 threads at a time.Smile

Correct. PCSX2 doesn't utilize Crossfire or anything else like that.

PCSX2 currently only uses 2 cores, one of them handles graphics plugin, and the other does everything else. 3.2Ghz is probably good enough for many games, but if you've got the temperature headroom you can always overclock. Higher clock can never hurt Laugh

If you switch GSDX over to software mode, you can spawn a ton of threads that can utilize more cores; but in general this is only useful if you have 2+ cores and a crap video card.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
5-10fps? Now that's too low for that system.
Unless the game is hitting a severe emulation bug or you disabled the recompilers Tongue2

Multiple CPU cores are nearly useless for PCSX2 I'm afraid. So are additional graphic cards.
It's just that hard to make good use of yet another CPU core, something you'll be seeing for many years to come..
Thanks for your help everyone I got the VU0/VU1 recompilers enabled, and everything works fine now I'm getting about 60-75 frames average.
Man, I always laugh when people overpay the crap out of their systems.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.