Will PCSX2 work on my computer?
HI i have got a new intel core i7 system, custom built, with ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme motherboard, ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 (2Gb of GDDR5 memory), 6GB of DDR3 RAM and im running on windows 7 Beta.

I tried playing God of War 2 but first it was playing at normal speed but with a green screen. I then searched the web and found a fix, however, this reduced my speed to 14-23% speed about 14FPS. I also tried some settings that i had googled but they didnt do anything for me.

My PCSX2 0.9.6 settings are:

Graphics - GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14 [Direct3D 10 software]
Sound - SPU2-X 1.1.0
Cdvdrom - Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0
Speed hacks - i tried both x2 and x3 cycle rate (never speeded up the game) and i have enabled all the other check boxes

The CPU settings i did not know waht to do with it as many people onn the internet were saying different things same with advanced config

Sponsored links

try the newest revision of gsdx from the sticky in the plugins section, ATI's had major issues with older versions of GSDX. Just make sure you run with File->Run CD/DVD else it may not pick up the crc
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'd recomend you to download the latest beta and the latest gdsx plugin and use the plugin SSE4 (your cpu should support it). If it doesn't help much speed try using directx hardware.
EDIT: anticipated.
[Image: firmadisgaea1pcsx2.jpg]
I just downloaded the GSdx 1426 plugin from this forumand also Linuz 0.9.0 however it still runs slow and could someone tell me what SSE2, SSSE3 and SSE41 means and which one is the best.

Also if any one else has tried God of war 2 and has got it working could you tell me which settings you used.
SS(S)E are names for instruction sets of newer cpu series, which can be used to speed up certain applications. the plugin gsdx e.g. comes in three variants for SSE2 (all newer intel+amd), SSSE3 (intel only) and SSE4.1(only newer Core2Duo/Quad and Core i7). the higher numbers should be faster, so use the SSE4.1 version.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Are you already try with pcsx2 latest beta (pcsx2 r.1190) or pcsx2 r.1059 if not yet then try it.
Are you already try with pcsx2 latest beta (pcsx2 r.1190) or pcsx2 r.1059 if not yet then try it.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Thanks guys it works now using the new beta version with newest plugins.
when i play the game in some places it goes at normal speed 100% but in other places it goes at 45-60% is this happening with everyone. also i get two images of the same thing but more blurred and to the left of the original image, does this mean there's something wrong with my graphics plugin??