Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will PCSX2 work with Intel GMA 4500MHD?
It's an integrated graphics card. I'm really not sure which graphics plug-in I should use. I've tried all the default ones and they all try to get me to download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer even though I have Windows 7 64-bit which already comes with DirectX pre-installed. Is there any other plug-ins I could try and where can I get them. I've tried to use different configurations for the default graphics plugins (d3d9 hardware, d3d9 software, d3d10/11 hardware, d3d10/11 software, etc. ) But I keep running into errors and get prompted to update directX. Any help would be appreciated. My system specs can be found here:
Note: I upgraded my operating system to Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

EDIT: The error that comes up says, "You need to update some directx libraries, would you like to do it now"
I click "no"

Then another error pops up saying, "The selected GS plugin failed to load. Reason: The plugin reports that your hardware or softwar/drivers are not supported. All plugins must have valid selections of PCSX2 to run. If you are unable to make a valid selectiondue to missing plugins or an incomplete install of PCSX2, then press cancel to close the configuration panel."

So does this mean my graphics card doesn't work. This even happens when I select Null (software) in each version of the default graphics plugin.
Please help.

Sponsored links

You might have Direct X 9 through 11 but you still need to update Direct X 9 through 11, individually (because the Direct X pre-installed is pretty old... especially by now)

Then you need the latest x64-capable Intel Graphics Media Accelerator drivers.

Once you have done that that you should be good to go.

Cheers, mate.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(08-02-2010, 06:12 AM)andy123 Wrote: I click "no"

click yes.
Thanks guys. It worked. I just downloaded and installed DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and then I updated my graphics drivers from the Intel website. Now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts at a good speed.