Will Rogue Galaxy be playable on my pc?
Well, simple question:

will i be able to play Rogue Galaxy at a playable/enjoyable framerate on my pc?

My specs:

AMD Athlon X2 7750 BE (2x 2.7 GHz)
4 GB DDR2-RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB GDDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

What do you think? Will it run, at least at a low resolution? Rolleyes

Sponsored links

I doubt it, AMD processors are slow with pcsx2 and rouge galaxy needs a really powerful system to play full speed, usually c2d @ 3.5-4ghz or i5/i7 3.2+ghz,
the video card is ok and ram is decent...
Hmm, too bad... Sad

I think i better play that game on my PS2 then. I don't wanna spend money on a new mainboard and cpu, just for 1 game...

Well, thanks anyway for your reply Smile
Well, i 've just tested Rogue Galaxy on my system.
It runs better/faster than i thought at first Smile

During battles the framerate is between 35-55 fps. When i just run around exploring the world, the framerate is 55-60 fps most of the time Cool

Well, i wonder if there are any "special" settings for that game, or any special svn? It would be nice to have a few more frames in battle-mode Rolleyes
I mean it's fully playable, but from time to time it's getting a bit slow (like i mentioned - mostly in battles)...
try turning on speedhacks(you can find em under "emulation settings" at the "configuration" tab...and there adjust the speed hacks until you find the ones that most fit your gaming leizure Tongue)
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

No "special" settings.

Just some Speedhacks that the game will likely respond well to.
Which ones can vary by the game.
Just see what helps, and what does nothing.
Stick with the ones that help. Smile

Usually, the latest SVN offers the most promise.

Also-- Your CPU is definitely your bottleneck (at native res).
If you are able, overclocking it will certainly help.
Quite the fact, Rogue Galaxy is a rather heavy addict on CPU resources. On a quad core and still getting framerates as low as 50 with all the hacks on at certain places. Texture scaling doesn't really seem to make a difference from native to x3 for me. I don't quite understand why the squad mates are so much more of a load than regular NPCs though. And entering combat really seems to relieve the emulator as i'm easily hitting well over 90 frames, even with as much as 6 enemies on the field.

So your system specs are quite decent. The game WILL be playable, but don't expect whooping speeds with a CPU like that. Your RAM is fine, and your GFX should handle the game ok. Although the best answer to your question would be actually playing the game and seeing for yourself.

First of all thanks a lot for the replys Smile

Well, i'm using PCSX2 0.9.8 r4600. I'll try the latest svn - maybe this helps a bit.
I've already enabled all speedhacks that are recommended.
Maybe i will try frameskipping... Rolleyes Don't know if that helps with the framerate.

Otherwise (if it really gets unplayable in some areas) i will continue playing this game on my PS2 Mellow

At least the framerate is perfect on the PS2 Biggrin
I recommend you do not resort to frameskipping. (try if curious, of course)
You would be better off using the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing slider for what you can.
Their use may break some games, especially possible when used in excess,
but you can gauge them, and likely find performance gains with little, to no breaking.

Frameskipping can make it "work", but is not exactly pretty for most.
With it, there's a near guarantee that things will get choppy.
(03-08-2012, 11:44 PM)Centerguy Wrote: At least the framerate is perfect on the PS2 Biggrin

The quality is nowhere near comparable though Smile