Will a quad core intel processor at 2.42Ghz be enough for okami?
I'm not sure but i'll take a look and tell the values in a sec once i get it started up again and i checked the compatibility list and okami wasnt even listed. but i have no glitches or problems so its all good at the moment

Sponsored links

Okami is actually listed in the link I gave you. You just have to click on the 'O'. Wink
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Oh oops! i attempted to use the ctrl+F3 to search for "Okami" but didn't know to do that. will check again

edit: it says its compatible Laugh
Mild-medium but playable slowdowns

EE 80 something %

GS around 20-30%

VU 45% something

UI 0%

And when theres full speed

EE in the 30%'s 70%'s seems pretty random

GS 12-20% something

VU 19-28%

UI 0%

Can't find any particular pattern
you are probably achieving better speeds in less demanding scenes, try using the game in software mode and check whether, it offers any speed up.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah your bottleneck is definitely your CPU, there's no question about it. Unless you run into any problems, keep your EE Cyclerate at 3, as that will lower the clockspeed of the EE that your CPU needs to emulate, thus lowering the resources needed by your CPU itself.
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(02-10-2015, 04:18 PM)realflow100 Wrote: I checked GPU-Z and my GPU was never past 35% in any scenes even at 2x native resolution but my CPU seems to be the limiting factor here. I've tried so many different combinations of options and what i have seems to give me the best FPS at the moment. if you can think of something that i can change to improve my speed please do! even 1/1000 of a % helps! i've tried playing with the cycle rate and VU stealing and this seems to give me the best speed increase regardless of false FPS readings

Did you see the suggestions in my previous post about turning off Texture Filtering? Make sure you do that, you should gain at least 1FPS from it. XD I also wanted to know why you enabled 'Aggressive CRC'.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
I got 1-2FPS increase from Aggressive CRC's oddly. and texture filtering is completely disabled. not much FPS change though

And in software mode it's like ultra slow motion and low FPS combined. Ew. Looks pretty though even though i get like 15-25FPS in slow motion
Yeah I didn't expect much of a change. Texture Filtering is not heavy on the resources at all. A thought occurs to me though. Do you own Okami for the Wii? You could try downloading Dolphin and playing it that way. I myself own it for both consoles but only played it on the PS2 lol. Dolphin is a very competent emulator though, so it might be worth a shot. Maybe it'll run better on your system than PCSX2 does.

Make sure to mess around with the extra rendering threads option at the bottom of the Plugin Settings window for GSdx with software mode. I doubt you'll get better performance though since software mode renders at native resolution and you're currently running under native and still having slowdowns. Now that I think about it, why not just play on your PS2? It's bound to look better and run better. XD

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
then, you would have to stick with hardware mode. I think, this is the maximum potential of your processor. you wouldn't see any increase unless, you upgrade.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction