Will a quad core intel processor at 2.42Ghz be enough for okami?
I have 360 controller to use so thats taken care of but i want to know if OKAMI will run on PCSX2 with my computer

I have
Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail)

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

4GB DDR3 memory

750GB hard drive space

Intel Celeron j1900 Quad Core 2.41733Ghz (Bay Trail Architecture)

Will this be enough for Okami? Or is it not even worth a try?

Sponsored links

Bay Trail processors aren't strong enough for PCSX2, no. The STP score on that processor is 533, our recommended minimum to play most games well is 1500. Your processor is ways off, sorry. I'd still give it a try though. Make sure you turn on MTVU and also play around with the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing to see if that helps any.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
OK should i download latest dev snapshot of PCSX2 or latest stable release?
I would go with the latest stable release since development versions don't have optimized code like stable releases do, so the latest stable release should be faster in most cases.

EDIT: BTW, how's x264 @ 1080p playback on that processor? Is it any good? I've been thinking about getting one of those for my HTPC instead of the G3258 I originally purchased.
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(02-09-2015, 08:45 PM)realflow100 Wrote: As long as you dont have bloatware preinstalled on your computer and like 20 other background things running needlessly. video playback is flawless.
Also. You may try windows 7 on this CPU. It works massively more stable than windows 8+ And as always. select High Performance in the windows power plan so it never downclocks at a bad time or when switching tabs (Makes it more snappy feeling)
There is a way to disable idle states (Basically lock the CPU at it's turbo boost frequency of 2.42Ghz rather than stock speed of 2Ghz. No temp change at all. not even by a single degree idle or full load. And it makes it even more snappy)

I'm going to try installing PCSX2 and grab and okami disk and see how it performs hopefully have some fun! Laugh

Make sure you experiment with the ee and vu cycle speedhacks. I can't guarantee anything, but that's the only way you'll get close to playable.
It seems like it lags even on the main menu at the configuration tab (Drops to 43FPS on any speed hack setting i choose).
Not a good sign Sad
Bay trail chips aren't meant for demanding tasks such as pcsx2. There really isn't anything you can do other than upgrade to a faster pc
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I split out the video decoding discussion to: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-split-Bay...o-decoding
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sorry to hear PCSX2 doesn't run well on your computer. It was to be expected though. :-\

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
I got okami running okay with a few slowdowns in some places but sometimes i get full speed!! but i have some really freaky options that i had to check! I think the options i chose are overkill or wrong. Should I post some screenshots of my settings to see if they can be better tweaked for my system?