Will an new GFX card help?
Hi guys, I've read as many threads as I can on this, and watched youtube videos to tweak the emulator, but the FPS is still low so the games are slow.

Would a new graphics card help or is the CPU the main problem here?
I only have £70 (around $100) to spend, saving up for a new CPU/PC is not an option (I know a new PSU will be needed too).

My emulator PC:
AMD Athlon X2 4400+ dual core running at 2.3Ghz
Windows 7 64 bit
2Gb RAM
GeForce 6150se

would something like this help?
http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/deskto...ifications

or am I just screwed because of the CPU?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Sponsored links

screwed because of the cpu in many cases.
which game(s) are you trying to play ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-29-2013, 08:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: screwed because of the cpu in many cases.
which game(s) are you trying to play ?
cheers, TMNT & Monster Jam were the main ones (for the kids)
Though mine 3.6Ghz quad core, fps drop 39-50fps (pal). Gpu is also take part in this game if you want good quality better get mid to high gpu
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
You would probably need new cpu and grpahics card. Your system has low specs for today's standards.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

A cheap way of upgrading would be if not mistaken (Even though Intel has a bigger profit with PCSX2) one of the APUs from AMD. They're quite affordable and most members here are using one and still get decent speeds with it.
(07-29-2013, 12:19 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: A cheap way of upgrading would be if not mistaken (Even though Intel has a bigger profit with PCSX2) one of the APUs from AMD. They're quite affordable and most members here are using one and still get decent speeds with it.
looking in to it, this seems like I would need a new PC for it (not possible with £70), unless these are some kind of add-on that I cannot see?

EDIT: actually, just seen I can get a 3Ghz APU for £32 (http://www.ebuyer.com/505360-amd-a-serie...000okhlbox)
then a motherboard for £42 (http://www.ebuyer.com/406371-gigabyte-ga...f2a55m-ds2)
I already have DDR3 RAM, would the MB and APU above be suitable for decent speeds? (the main list says the APU A4 3xxx series won't be good enough, nothing about the 4xxx series)

EDIT 2: seen an AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.4Ghz bundled with a motherboard with built in GeForce 7025 for a total of £70.60, the CPU is listed as "recommended" however the GPU is not listed, is this likely to be any good?
Even if you are on a budget I still would suggest a "k" APU for its unlocked capability. The Athlon you suggested is ok but that gpu is terrible. You really need a dedicated card unless you use a top of the line apu, such as the 6800k.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti