Will it ever
(08-27-2010, 07:27 AM)IROC89CAMARO Wrote: Why impossible? I bet a ps2 dev could code the emulation to run smooth on regular pc hardware and not a super cpu.....

Right, but a regular PC does always run instructions on the CPU and the GPU just makes some of them easier/faster, it's not meant to replace a CPU.

Also... a super CPU needed for PCSX2? My ~65$ CPU is able to handle most games just fine...

Quote:1. Explain?
2. I can, i'm just wanting to know whats the hold up.
3."Yet you can't run PS2 exclusive games in PC natively..."
Thats my point the emulator is not optmized enough to run all game smoothly, and my point is if theese game were optimized for PC only they would be able to run a 2005 computers.

1) To use PCSX2 you need a BIOS which you should have extracted from your own PS2 or else you would be playing games illegally on it.
2) huh? Holdup on what?
3) I guess I don't understand what you mean... there are games that won't be ported for PC so there's no point comparing that and ehr... there's been many people that has finished a lot of games in the emulator already...

If what you mean is optimizing an emulator specifically for one game then well that's not the point of emulating a console at all... and if you did that for every game it would be a very long waste of time while you could have just bought better hardware...

Quote:Hell most of the good games are already for PC

Where is Persona 4 for PC? Shadow of the Collosus for PC? Okami? Metal gear solid 3? ICO? etc...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(08-27-2010, 08:19 AM)GamerGeek Wrote:
Quote:IT's not worth the trouble hacking an old machine.

Hell most of the good games are already for PC, "why bother" would be there responce.

Right that why we wont see a ps2 emulator from you^^.
And most of the good games are NOT already on pc. And if you think they are then why are you even here.

Or you there bud, or the guy setting in his bassment making PCSX2. I said it befor and i will say it again there has not been a game on epcsx2 that was not a glitchy but smooth gamebreaker Glitch fest..
Quote:I said it befor and i will say it again there has not been a game on epcsx2 that was not a glitchy but smooth gamebreaker Glitch fest..

ignorance can be funny sometimes...
some games run perfectly on pcsx2 (i.e FFX/FFXII). I guess you just didn't succeed in configuring the emu properly.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-27-2010, 09:02 AM)IROC89CAMARO Wrote: there has not been a game on epcsx2 that was not a glitchy but smooth gamebreaker Glitch fest..

Sigh... you obviously haven't tried many games then.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
really a noob person.. wew less information = noob.. thats him
He sounds a lot more like a troll than a noob.

And i'm pretty sure he's got a cpu that sucks ass big time. otherwise he wouldn't ask/say such crap.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(08-27-2010, 09:35 AM)Cyphox Wrote: He sounds a lot more like a troll than a noob.

And i'm pretty sure he's got a cpu that sucks ass big time. otherwise he wouldn't ask/say such crap.

nice one dude Biggrin
Pcsx2 CAN run many gr8 games for Ps2 just fine and if you are looking for good games buy a ps3 then Tongue The emulator that these guys have been working on is the ONLY one with support for so many games and Oh yeah try ANY DBZ and NARUTO GAME they work fine on it and well bye NOOB
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
I take offense on the basement thing, on calling some ~20 great coders retards,
on trolling the forum (again, as I'm sure you brought your stupid complaints here before).

Banned.
Bit too late as the OP's banned but the PS2's graphics chip is a dumb rasteriser and perspective corrected texture mapper. All the 3D geometry transformations, lighting and pretty much everything else you can think of happens on more or less general purpose processors. That's why we can't move those operations to a PC GPU.