Will my PC run Dragon Quest properly?
Hello, I've been having some issues trying to run Dragon Quest VIII on my laptop and before going to far in to playing with the configuration I wanted to get a general opinion of how this game would play with my particular specs. I'm using the latest version of pcsx2 from the official site and which ever the default settings are for the respective plug ins. Which seemed to work fine with FFX International, though I understand Dragon Quest can be more demanding. Anyway, please let me know if there is any information I've missed, thank you.

CPU: Intel ® Core™ i5-3210M 2.50 GHz
GPU: Intel ® HD Graphics 4000
RAM: 6 GB

Sponsored links

Smile
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
GPU is not very good. This game is very CPU and GPU demanding. CPU is almost there. Use EE and VY cycle stealing speedhacks. Use MTVU hack. In the beginning of the game to enter Kalderasha's house you may need to temporarily set all your clamps at least to Extra. Make sure your laptop power management is set to high performance, but watch out for heat!
(01-14-2013, 04:41 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: GPU is not very good. This game is very CPU and GPU demanding. CPU is almost there. Use EE and VY cycle stealing speedhacks. Use MTVU hack. In the beginning of the game to enter Kalderasha's house you may need to temporarily set all your clamps at least to Extra. Make sure your laptop power management is set to high performance, but watch out for heat!

Thank you very much, I will try that out
Well im using laptop and it is working pretty well and im sure you have better laptop than me sometimes it lags on me and sometimes runs so smoothly
Just try to keep the Native Res low due to your integrated graphics. My 6970 can only do 3x in cutscenes.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit