Will my custom built PC run PCSX2?
The Gigabyte GV-N98TGR-512I looks like a good buy, but it has a slower CPU and memory clock speed then the one I recommended to you in my earlier post. While the BFG card is $10 cheaper. The Gigabyte card also has only one reviewer. The BFG does not come with an DVI to HDMI adapter if you need it, so that is a minimal purchase.

I would recommend the Nvidia based cards because of great driver support on Windows 7, and CUDA/PhysX support. It should hold you longer than when DirectX 11 cards become more cheaper and mainstream.

Nvidia cards were always more expensive then the ATI cards, but you get what you pay for. I remember buying my 8800 GTS's for $300 each when they first came out. And they still pack a punch. I will upgrade soon, but I will wait till Nvidia comes out with good DirectX 11 based cards.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |

Sponsored links

(12-18-2009, 11:42 AM)decode1984 Wrote: The Gigabyte GV-N98TGR-512I looks like a good buy, but it has a slower CPU and memory clock speed then the one I recommended to you in my earlier post. While the BFG card is $10 cheaper. The Gigabyte card also has only one reviewer. The BFG does not come with an DVI to HDMI adapter if you need it, so that is a minimal purchase.

I would recommend the Nvidia based cards because of great driver support on Windows 7, and CUDA/PhysX support. It should hold you longer than when DirectX 11 cards become more cheaper and mainstream.

Nvidia cards were always more expensive then the ATI cards, but you get what you pay for. I remember buying my 8800 GTS's for $300 each when they first came out. And they still pack a punch. I will upgrade soon, but I will wait till Nvidia comes out with good DirectX 11 based cards.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Okay, I'll just wait for my Financial Aid to start buying the parts for the new PC. Thanks to everyone and their comments/suggestions.
Toshiba Satellite Notebook L505D
Windows 7 32-Bit - 3GB RAM
AMD Athlon X2 QL-65 2.1GHz
ATI RADEON 3100 256MB Memory Size-1GB shared.
DirectX 9/10/11