Will these PC specs be able to run PCSX2 at full speed?
(08-23-2012, 10:47 AM)tallbender Wrote: he should get acer w/ the same specs as author post the specs there i bet the price is different.
Sony,Macs and HP are freaked expensive.

it depends on the PS2 game title that is eat a lot of cpu's lappy power e.g. VP2,GT3 and 4,DBZ series.
unless you are about a couple of year of pcsx2 user and have experienced a lot.

Acer is Chinese have a terrible Cooling systems and and low quality Laptop covers ..

Sponsored links

Acer are the spawn of the devil, there is a reason their model names sounds like "Ass Pile" Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

if you want the best but with less money go with Toshiba ( personal experience )
Acer may not be the best, but ive had fantastic warranty experience with them

they will actually own up when its a warranty job

my other personal fav is HP or toshiba
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(08-23-2012, 01:50 PM)abdo123 Wrote: if you want the best but with less money go with Toshiba ( personal experience )

Toshiba are indeed very good, their laptops are very solid (hardwarewise anyway Tongue)

(08-23-2012, 02:04 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: Acer may not be the best, but ive had fantastic warranty experience with them

Generalplot (our ex tester and my brother in law) worked for an Acer repair centre, you wouldnt believe the crap they put in their machines.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-23-2012, 02:04 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: Acer may not be the best, but ive had fantastic warranty experience with them

my other personal fav is HP or toshiba

that Warranty is in the city that you're living in your country not something Global ....

(08-23-2012, 02:06 PM)refraction Wrote: ( and my brother in law)

o_O
*off-topic

@abdo

You don't know Generalplot and Raefraction?

Ask ref.
i know Generalplot ( not personally or in the forum ) but he was a great beta tester and he retired before i join

however this Family relationship between them is what i didn't know

so Ref you secretly get married General is you brother in Law any more Interesting hidden info
The Acer I have runs fantastic and definitely doesn't feel cheap. Check out the reviews of it or any laptop you are looking to purchase.
Current System: Laptop (Acer Aspire V3-771G-9875)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.3GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB
RAM: 6GB
(08-23-2012, 02:06 PM)refraction Wrote: Toshiba are indeed very good, their laptops are very solid (hardwarewise anyway Tongue)

Generalplot (our ex tester and my brother in law) worked for an Acer repair centre, you wouldnt believe the crap they put in their machines.

For me, Toshiba is HEATER, colling system not so good.

Acer cheap, and long time Warranty at least in my city 2 years compare with 1 year from other. But for same spec Acer is slower than anything except Lenovo