Will these games work with these specs on Ubuntu 12.04?
Minimum for iGPU on an Intel is at least Sandy Bridge. There is still no guarantee it would be playable still.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

Well, all of the doubts have been wrong, mostly. FFX, after tweaking around, gets 60 FPS and works fine, except for some glitches but is bearable. This is on the exact specs I listed prior, only with stock 2.53 GHz and GMA X4500. Kingdom Hearts has more trouble, but it still works 60 FPS most of the time.

The losers would be Metal Gear Solid 2, which has many graphical issues and never reaches 60 FPS without speedhacks, skipping, etc., and broken graphics, and naturally stays at 30-40. This game clearly needs more horsepower. Hot Shots Golf Fore is the worst, however, as it never even touches 30 FPS in software-mode, which it seems to need mostly. Dead 2 Rights works but is completely messed up graphically.

FFXII can't get 60 FPS either, but it could be the settings. Also, the GPU limits it big time. FFX-2 is near perfect, but has slowdowns here and there. Others are roughly the same ... never really 60, but mostly over 40 FPS.

I guess this is taking into consideration that it's a Linux build, which is behind Windows ones by quite a stretch as well, so that probably plays into the poorer performance expectations.
Intel must have made some recent improvements to the GPU driver then.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(11-19-2014, 03:36 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Intel must have made some recent improvements to the GPU driver then.

I think the latest improvements were years ago, but the driver for X4500 is pretty great. It perfectly works with H.264 video playback, and hardware-accelerated HD video streaming via Flash works excellent as well.

The best thing: This computer cost less than $150.00 U.S.D. to build, and I got myself an all-in-one PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS, PSX, N64, and Gamecube/Wii system (yes, I tried one or two Gamecube and Wii games I have and they worked flawlessly under Dolphin for Linux, albeit they're not really that demanding).

An i3-4130 with a cheap GTS 450 (both combined I can get for less than $180.00 U.S.D.) would probably allow me to play 75% of PS2/Gamecube/Wii titles perfectly, but this weaker machine still suffices very well. Laugh