Will we see some love for Juiced 2 HIN
That game has been suffering for as long as i can remember. The streets are completely and utterly pitch black in hardware rendering (no idea about GL rendering because i can't use it), and the videos stutter constantly as if the audio and video are constantly changing framerates and are unable to sync with one another.

The game gets a decent enough speed in hardware rendering but due to the black road it's extremely difficult to play, and software rendering is quite freaking taxing unless i turn all the speedhacks on. Even then i might get full speed but it seems like the game itself is designed to skip frames to compensate.

Just wondering if some GSdx guru would feel like taking a look at what exactly is going on with the road textures being the only game-breaking bug this game exhibits (besides the stuttery videos).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Now this is quite the old bump! Just shy of 8 months Wink

EDIT: just remembered a year has 12 months. derp. Kinda pointless to restart the thread when no one else replied though.
Try the new git builds in OpenGL with some of the blending accuracy modes, see if it has made any improvement Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Quote:Just wondering if some GSdx guru would feel like taking a look at what exactly is going on with the road textures being the only game-breaking bug this game exhibits
I didn't look into it. But it is race/car game. All of them uses very bad trick awful to emulate with an hardware renderer. And most of them are broken in one way or another.

As ref, said try latest openGL (well if you have an Nvidia GPU) with all accurate option on. (but it could be slow).
(05-06-2016, 09:58 PM)gregory Wrote: I didn't look into it. But it is race/car game. All of them uses very bad trick awful to emulate with an hardware renderer. And most of them are broken in one way or another.

As ref, said try latest openGL (well if you have an Nvidia GPU) with all accurate option on. (but it could be slow).

Pleasantly surprised to see openGL working so well considering its earlier stages where it would just error out. I tried it out and i'm ready to report the results:

1) Juiced 2: HIN is one of those extremely rare cases where the Blending Unit Accuracy needs to be on ULTRA to actually display the text and ingame sprites correctly, or even at all.
2) The roads remain pitch black regardless of settings used. Only software rendering can alleviate the problem still Sad
3) I may be mistake but openGL seems to allow the specular map of the roads to display correctly.

NEW INFO: It appears switching from openGL back to directX 11 partially fixed the issue!! Now from certain angles the road shows correctly! See attachment below:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And here's another tasty bump. Any other ideas? Or is it all back on the shelf for now? Smile
Better to just open an issue on the github repository so developers can easily track the status of the issue.  (Make sure to also provide a GS dump)