Win 8.1 64bit Possible Memory Leak @ 1.2.1.
Current stable release tends to crash approx ten mins into playing. Seems not to matter which game I'm attempting.

Is there a fix for this or is this a known issue?

Sponsored links

Afaik no one else has had a similar issue, you'd be the first. What would your system specs be?
(05-19-2014, 02:02 PM)midnitecarnival Wrote: Current stable release tends to crash approx ten mins into playing. Seems not to matter which game I'm attempting.

Is there a fix for this or is this a known issue?

I never had some problem like this.....Like Coornio said,tell us the specs of your Pc....
^ that and post the emulog.txt
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Hello, have you tried changing your sound plugin from Xaudio to directsound? i also used to have random crashes in almost every game no matter which settings i was using. After i changed the sound plugin the crashes have stopped completely. You should try it maybe it helps you too.
Is there a bit more info on the crash? Sometimes Windows tells you if it's in pcsx2.exe or a module (dll).
(05-19-2014, 08:55 PM)herberck Wrote: Hello, have you tried changing your sound plugin from Xaudio to directsound? i also used to have random crashes in almost every game no matter which settings i was using. After i changed the sound plugin the crashes have stopped completely. You should try it maybe it helps you too.

Thanks muchly! I do believe I have it set to X-Audio.

As for my specs I'm running a lower/mid-range dual core:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium G645 @ 2.90GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 (LGA1155)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1440x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6670 (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-00ERMA0 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS120 6 ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
The problem was the ram...is much slow and can cause slowdowns in games .... The cpu are weak but with speedhacks you can play some games.... Ati Radeon are sufficient ,but set config to max performance and if you can,make a small overclock with Ati Overdrive ...
The ram is too slow? What is the meaning of this? Have you ever seen slowdown's due to low ram speed? Especially regarding DDR3 with 666MHz... ok CL-9 is not best.. but still...

Can you please provide the emulog as already asked?
It is hard to guess what could be the problem if there is no point to start.