Win XP SP2 compatibility with latest GSDX
guys, i got a question.
i just re-installed my SP3, unfortunately my SP3 disc is gone, so i have to use my old SP2 disc for a moment.
then i realized when i try to run pcsx2 on it, it requires to update DX. after that i installed the same DX which i used on my SP3 before i re-installed. but when i try again, it still need to update the DX.. i don't get it, is SP2 is not compatible with latest DX or what?

well, i have a plan to use Vista in the future, but till that happen i guess i've got to deal with this SP2 problem...

Sponsored links

(02-27-2009, 05:46 AM)jap_yuuki Wrote: guys, i got a question.
i just re-installed my SP3, unfortunately my SP3 disc is gone, so i have to use my old SP2 disc for a moment.
then i realized when i try to run pcsx2 on it, it requires to update DX. after that i installed the same DX which i used on my SP3 before i re-installed. but when i try again, it still need to update the DX.. i don't get it, is SP2 is not compatible with latest DX or what?

well, i have a plan to use Vista in the future, but till that happen i guess i've got to deal with this SP2 problem...

I'm pretty sure it's not, I've loaded PCSX2 before on SP2, but you can always redownload it off of Microsoft's website. I'm sure this is the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/re...56CD979D05 You may have to scroll down a bit.
umm, i forgot to explain..
"update DX" message appear when i try using GSDX 1.14, but it's run perfectly on GSDX 1.09.

in my previous SP3 i'm using GSDX 1.14, and works well with it, while now i'm using SP2 with the same DirectX and having update DX problem...
so i think that the SP2 is the problem for that... probably...
try this DX update from gabest profile

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
C2D E8400 | P5N-E SLI |2x1024 DDR2 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12 | XFX 9600GT | Seagate SATA2 250 GB | Thermaltake Purepower 500W