Win7 (not asking for official support) around the corner...
I'm not going to ask for official help, etc, blah blah about the support for a beta OS, so please allow this threat to not be deleted. Smile

I've been reading through a bit of the forums and I'm not entirely sure if other people are experiencing the same technical issue.

I do see that 32-bit and 64-bit OS support is there for Windows Vista. I crossed my fingers with the hope that things would work in the Windows7 64-bit beta OS (RC build 7100) I'm runinng, but alas, my luck didn't hold for me. The simple error messege "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running..." greets me, and nothing more. Obviously none of the 'compatiblity modes' that are included in the properties section of the .exe file do not correct the issue.

I'm wondering if anyone else seems to be experiencing this particular issue and if there happen to be any known work arounds.

Sponsored links

Huh? weird worked normal on the rc here and working normal on the rtm, you sure you used the same version and didnt get like the linux package or smt? Tongue2

If you tried the beta did you get the required files? vc++ redist and directx etc?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-11-2009, 07:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Huh? weird runs normal here, you sure you used the same version and didnt get like the linux package or smt? Tongue2

I've actually just double-checked the package I downloaded... it's the 0.9.6 Windows Binary. The .exe file didn't have the .exe extension to it though, so I've manually added it.. but as it works well for you, it seems odd it wouldn't for me...
?

Do you mean you just added ".exe" to the end of the file?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
That's right. Tongue The only file in the main directory that didn't make "sense" was PCSX2, the others being folders and the two PDF files.

So I simply added '.exe' to the end of that file.
The 0.9.6 binary should have had all the files you needed, though. Try redownloading and extracting it. Adding .exe to it won't change whether or not it's a program, it just changes the name.

Also, for Win7, it won't have a .exe at the end, it will just be PCSX2, and in the "Type" column it will say Application.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Hmm... okay, so I'm admitting I'm probably missing something here. I've extracted everything to a folder, and I'm staring at everything as it normally is, without the .exe extension added to the 'PCSX2' file name.

Am I to understand I need to compile this? If so, how would I go about doing so? (This is my first time trying my hand at this..)
No, you should be able to just click the file named "pcsx2 0.9.6"

Can you maybe post a screen shot of what is in your PCSX2 folder?
Here's the screenshot...everything is "AS IS"... I highlighted everything in the downloaded package and extracted to this folder, leaving everything unchanged.

My appologies on the mass resolution.... I just love my monitor. Tongue

For fudge's sake... I just realised now that the 'download' option for all downloads are BELOW the actual file, not ABOVE the title name. >.> I've been trying to run the LINUX binary.