Windows 10 issues?
(01-28-2016, 01:51 AM)refraction Wrote: No need to check over the privacy settings, just get this and immunize everything Smile https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Hate to say that dont really stop it all, but does stop some stuff, just not the hardcoded stuff, only way to truely stop it is setup your router to drop the packets from all the ms "telemetry" stuff. Like described here https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/...0-tracking

None the less I use that, besides if you on facebook or any of those social sites, or hell have smartphone or anything you do on it... Windows privacy settings are lest of your concerns seeing all that stuff is montiored to begin with.

Sponsored links

It might not block everything but it blocks a large majority of it and is more user friendly than that script Smile

It is also the best tool for blocking I've found so far which doesn't require you to run a script, last script I ran buggered up a bunch of windows apps I used too lol
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

From what I understand Win10 will automatically download updates to which you can disable and eliminate that specific update from downloading again in the future with the tools provided in win10, but every update must be downloaded once. Does this program stop Win10 updates before any are downloaded? Im on data, so that is my biggest complaint for win10 considering I cannot game online on a limited data connection.
(01-28-2016, 02:22 AM)refraction Wrote: It might not block everything  but it blocks a large majority of it and is more user friendly than that script Smile

It is also the best tool for blocking I've found so far which doesn't require you to run a script, last script I ran buggered up a bunch of windows apps I used too lol

I still have yet to fiqure out how to even get the script to work, i use Anti-beacon.

If people are worried about privacy in windows 10 they crazy, people  should be more concerned with that  smart phone that being monitored

(01-28-2016, 03:26 AM)ryanboyl Wrote: From what I understand Win10 will automatically download updates to which you can disable and eliminate that specific update from downloading again in the future with the tools provided in win10, but every update must be downloaded once.  Does this program stop Win10 updates before any are downloaded?  Im on data, so that is my biggest complaint for win10 considering I cannot game online on a limited data connection.

no it does not, all updates are mandatory, they have "tool" that is hidden on MS that can "hide" the updates but only after they been downloaded and uninstalled in first place. Win10 does have options to not use metered connections, dont know how well it works cause i dont have limitations, unless you using cell phone data plan i dont see why that issue, most ISP that have monthly caps most people would never go past.

PRO allows you to set Windows update to Notify before downloading and install via GPEDIT.msc but as far as i know it it cant be done in lesser versions atlest i not found way to do on the devices i have that Win10 home/basic/etc
I'm surprised people even tolerate ISP's doing these metered\limited internet connections in the first place. As far as Windows 10 is concerned I would suggest reading the wikipedia page for it as it exposes some of Microsoft's more shady policies that are only found in Windows 10.

Trust me your better off with Windows 7. It's a much cleaner operating system.
(01-28-2016, 08:37 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I'm surprised people even tolerate ISP's doing these metered\limited internet connections in the first place. As far as Windows 10 is concerned I would suggest reading the wikipedia page for it as it exposes some of Microsoft's more shady policies that are only found in Windows 10.

Trust me your better off with Windows 7. It's a much cleaner operating system.

likes said if your worried about MS privacy issues wth are you not worried about your smart phone, everything you say or do on that is monitored.  everyone is basically walking around with GPS,Camera,Mic in there pockets that can be remotely  activated without anyone ever knowing.

There is nothing wrong with windows 10, btw they back port all that stuff people are worried about in to win7-8,
Using my phone's data plan because there is no other service available in my remote area that provides more data for the same cost. Using Win7 for my online PC, and I plan on making my next build a Win 10 PC that I will never connect to the internet. But maybe that is not necessary if Win10 Pro doesnt force updates. Which btw, did you guys know Intel's next CPU architecture known as Kaby Lake will be only compatible to Win10 and future MS OS. Luckily there's always Linux and they havent back port forced updates on Win7 to steal my data.
only win 10 for new hardware from now on, windows updates are mandatory no way around that short of never goin on the internet with it which willl be issue for activation proabably
I thought you said Win10 Pro updates are not mandatory.
I'm not a fan of Intel to begin with so honestly that doesn't surprise me.