Windows 7
Transition to 7 is waaaay easier than XP or vista was, mostly cause programs/hardware already working on vista are very likely to work in 7 :3
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(08-28-2009, 04:07 AM)echosierra Wrote: You may not be old enough to vividly remember the Win98 -> 2000 -> XP transition, but it was the exact same thing.

I assure you, I am well past old enough to vividly remember the Win98 -> 2000 -> XP transition. Smile

I agree with you though, I was more pointing out the flaw in comparing the two -- it's been so many years since XP came out that its performance relative to Windows 7 is a moot point.

I'm glad MS came back from Vista with something that is actually worth upgrading to...
(08-28-2009, 04:07 AM)echosierra Wrote: You may not be old enough to vividly remember the Win98 -> 2000 -> XP transition, but it was the exact same thing. People complained because they couldn't see how their precious Win98 could get better, and got all WHAARGHARBL'y because 2000/XP ran slow on their current computers.

Sorry this is off topic but...

Epic lolz for your choice of words. That is exactly what people sound like when they get angry at their computer. WHAARGHARBL'y... that is just awesome. You have elevated yourself to be one of my favorite people in the world just for using that word. I hope you hit the lottery.

I was having a crappy day, but not anymore! lol
On Windows 7 i get much lower fps than on windows xp. And what i don't quite understand is why the speedhacks seem to have no use in win7 :-/ I tried every option in speedhacks and get no single fps more.... At winxp there was a big difference especially with VU cycle stealing at "slight speedup". Can i do something to get my old fps back? (without installing XP Wink ) Tried to turn of all the aero stuff and things but this didn't help
E6600 2,4Ghz @3,2Ghz
2Gb Ram
GTX 275
Windows 7 32bit
that might be a driver issue, no idea if this will become better with the final release of windows7, but don't be surprised, if driver support for your gpu in win7 is not the highest priority anymore. i myself never dared to try vista on my old ati radeon 9800xt system, i feared the unavoidable disappointment Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
The Radeon X1xxx series still does not have a proper Windows 7 driver. They all use the generic VGA driver that comes with the OS. The oldest models supported by ATI are the 2xxx series. DX9 cards have been pretty much abandoned.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
@PeterFreimann: well, ati has officially moved all gpus up to the radeon 2100 series to its legacy support structure. so, basically you'll perhaps get fixes for critical bugs in newer catalyst revisions, but definitely no new features or optimizations. seems you'll have to downgrade to windows xp, but i'd recommend to keep a dual boot winxp for such problems with vista/win7, anyways Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Or you can use XP mode on Seven Laugh.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual...nload.aspx
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
I've tried it, it's slow.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I see it quite differently with win98se->xp compared to xp->vista or xp->win7.

Back then, there was a need to change for a better OS, with win9x's system resource leak/dll hell/instability...people were quick to embrace xp and alot of sites favored xp despite not having any tangible perf improvement over win98. Software devs didnt hesitate to immediately code programs that were xp-exclusive, forcing people to upgrade to xp. Drivers weren't so much of a prob since xp can also use win2k drivers.

I guess when they say that Win7 uses more resources than xp, it means that 7 is more aggresive in using unused ram compared to xp (which is better) since it reduces page file usage and hdd thrashing.