Windows 7
(09-03-2009, 03:48 AM)mackoyski Wrote: I guess when they say that Win7 uses more resources than xp, it means that 7 is more aggresive in using unused ram compared to xp (which is better) since it reduces page file usage and hdd thrashing.

nah first thing I do when installing vista/7 is disabling the superfetch and search indexer features, it still uses a lot more ram than xp (I can get xp up and running with my usual programs with just about 180-250mb ram in use, same stuff in 7 uses 600-650mb then again this is 64-bit so it's probably using extra ram too :P)

And it does still use more CPU but just not so much, and still draws more power but not so much as vista. It's still pretty good for not so powerful PCs but for even older and like single core ones XP will run much better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

No i don't use the generic vga driver from windows since the Catalyst 9.3 is available for win7 (as you can see on their hp) It's not the newest i know but still the same i used at windowsXP. And i think my windows7 is the final build (7600)RTM from MSDN so no beta indeed. And i am happy with Win7 with all other progs/games. There is no slowdown compared to xp so my pc can handle win7 (5,9 performance index is ok with my old hardware ^^). But i will upgrade in a few month anyway (want to use 64bit finally since i got this c2d 2 years ago) But anyway, driver issue sounds promising to me since there is still hope to get it fixed lol Wink thanks for your suggestions
@ShadowLady: It's quite normal that 64bit uses double of ram because the address values are twice as big thats why i don't use 64bit with my meager 2Gb Ram
E6600 2,4Ghz @3,2Ghz
2Gb Ram
GTX 275
Windows 7 32bit
Er, you sure that driver actually supports your card for Windows 7?

edit: Oh, ok. Seems the 9.8 drivers do the trick for all the old cards.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...ng=English
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
after installing a new windows 7 on my comp vista feels like a nightmear i never want to go back to again
I already have the Professional retail version installed thanks to my university, and I have to say guys for those still on RC or beta, you are in for a surprise.

It seriously feels like since betas, the performance has doubled, at least for me. Everything feels snappy, file browsing is instant, loading programs seem faster and boot time is definitely faster.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.