Windows 8.1 Issue
I try to run my PCSX2 in my laptop (Windows 8.1). But when I want to boot the game this what happens, it runs but it suddenly crash and close.
[Image: 14051528573_6f18c68cea_b.jpg]
I try to use the older version but again the result are the same.
[/quote]
And this the emuLog.txt:
PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3968 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 2.194 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-ssse3-r5875.dll
Windows 6.2.9200
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\spu2-x-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdiso-r5875.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 763ms)
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error 1114: a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.2.9200
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
[Image: 14mxfg9.png?t=1290950538]

Sponsored links

Your game run from DVD or .iso image?
does the bios load? (choose "no disc")
(04-28-2014, 09:14 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Your game run from DVD or .iso image?
Mine using .iso file for the game.
(04-28-2014, 09:35 AM)Saiki Wrote: does the bios load? (choose "no disc")
I try and it don't work. Same result as the screenshot.
2 things bugging me with this :

Quote:'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll'
1 - why did you install into program files ?
2 - Did you try to delete your inis and remake your pcsx2 configuration from scratch ?

Oh, and did you update directx too ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
not that it's THAT important, but what bios files are you using? (the file names please)
(04-28-2014, 11:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 2 things bugging me with this :

2 - Did you try to delete your inis and remake your pcsx2 configuration from scratch ?

Oh my, that's old one indeed, comes from the times of Windows Vista... but then there are new users and then that must be a constant "advertisement"

"PLEASE, DO NOT INSTAL GAMES UNDER C:\Program Files (x86) or any other Windows generated folder, like \Users (which includes the Documents folder)"

We know, that is the default install folder and then is what you'll see on the installers... but again, don't install games under those accursed directories. The reason to avoid them is the stupid MS notion of security which only force people to avoid them at all costs.

Yeah, that's true. To be able to do something with Windows you'll need to bypass almost all MS security mechanisms and do things like:

1 - run Windows itself under an administrative account.

2 - UAC tried to "resolve" the problem by running administrative accounts as common user accounts, then to be good with certain games and/or applications you must disable UAC as well... o dear.

3 - Run something as "administrator" ... that one alone is the most ridiculous in terms of "security".

4 - And the current case and repeating: "NEVER INSTALL GAMES OR ANYTHING DEPENDING ON PLUGINS OR MODS inside those less than blessed Windows' "protected" directories... actually since Win 8.0, avoid C: at all if at all possible".

Edit: About UAC, it stands for User Account Control and was created to bypass the "need" to run Windows under administrative account. But then it causes so many issues and annoyances that it is commonly ran at it's lesser level of security or disabled totally. Otherwise it will nag and annoy you to death ot worse, "do things" silently and crash almost anything which calls for plugins or mods (modifications). Of course it is the source of almost all infamous "access rights" issues which actually should be called "access denying" issues. UAC level can be changed under Windows Control Panel -> User Accounts. If you praise your sanity, reduce it at least to level one if uncomfortable with disabling it altogether.

Finally, still about UAC, even disabling it "totally" it is not totally disabled, at least for those ... (blessed?) Windows protected directories, just will avoid nagging you but still doing things undercover. Anyway, it will always protect important folders, like \Windows folder and \System folders specifically, what is its only redeeming feature. The problem is it will extend that "protection" to C:\Program Files... and such.
Imagination is where we are truly real
http://msdn.itellyou.cn/ guess the operating system need reinstall...
(04-28-2014, 02:35 PM)sh2dc Wrote: http://msdn.itellyou.cn/ guess the operating system need reinstall...

please refrain from giving false advices. better not saying anything if you don't know what you're talking about.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-28-2014, 11:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 2 things bugging me with this :

(04-28-2014, 12:53 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Oh my, that's old one indeed, comes from the times of Windows Vista... but then there are new users and then that must be a constant "advertisement"

"PLEASE, DO NOT INSTAL GAMES UNDER C:\Program Files (x86) or any other Windows generated folder, like \Users (which includes the Documents folder)"

We know, that is the default install folder and then is what you'll see on the installers... but again, don't install games under those accursed directories. The reason to avoid them is the stupid MS notion of security which only force people to avoid them at all costs.

Yeah, that's true. To be able to do something with Windows you'll need to bypass almost all MS security mechanisms and do things like:

1 - run Windows itself under an administrative account.

2 - UAC tried to "resolve" the problem by running administrative accounts as common user accounts, then to be good with certain games and/or applications you must disable UAC as well... o dear.

3 - Run something as "administrator" ... that one alone is the most ridiculous in terms of "security".

4 - And the current case and repeating: "NEVER INSTALL GAMES OR ANYTHING DEPENDING ON PLUGINS OR MODS inside those less than blessed Windows' "protected" directories... actually since Win 8.0, avoid C: at all if at all possible".

Edit: About UAC, it stands for User Account Control and was created to bypass the "need" to run Windows under administrative account. But then it causes so many issues and annoyances that it is commonly ran at it's lesser level of security or disabled totally. Otherwise it will nag and annoy you to death ot worse, "do things" silently and crash almost anything which calls for plugins or mods (modifications). Of course it is the source of almost all infamous "access rights" issues which actually should be called "access denying" issues. UAC level can be changed under Windows Control Panel -> User Accounts. If you praise your sanity, reduce it at least to level one if uncomfortable with disabling it altogether.

Finally, still about UAC, even disabling it "totally" it is not totally disabled, at least for those ... (blessed?) Windows protected directories, just will avoid nagging you but still doing things undercover. Anyway, it will always protect important folders, like \Windows folder and \System folders specifically, what is its only redeeming feature. The problem is it will extend that "protection" to C:\Program Files... and such.
The directx is already updated and I try to make the settings from the beginning. For what I understand from the statement that you guys made, I must install PCSX2 in different directory? So I try to install in my flash disk but the same error still persist. This my understanding about what you guys tell me. So if I wrong please correct me. This the emuLog anyway

PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3968 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 2.194 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-ssse3-r5875.dll
Windows 6.2.9200
Binding PAD: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\spu2-x-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdiso-r5875.dll
Binding USB: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll

(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 505ms)
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error 1114: a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.)
Path: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\padPokopom.dll

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-ssse3-r5875.dll
Windows 6.2.9200
Binding PAD: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\zerospu2-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdiso-r5875.dll
Binding USB: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: I:\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.2.9200
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9

(04-28-2014, 11:09 AM)Saiki Wrote: not that it's THAT important, but what bios files are you using? (the file names please)
The screenshot I include in the attachments(too lazy to uploaded it to internet).

And again i am sorry for the trouble and maybe a stupid mistake that I made. Because when I use my Windows 7 laptop the emulator works fine, but when I switched to my laptop right now that using Windows 8.1 this issue happen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)