Windows - Compile Guide and Support
@rama
You're right (about compatibilty), I've tested build gsdx using msvc2010.
Now FXAA function works too on orphis pcsx2 build (and vice versa).

Just noticed some plugin doesn't compiled properly with 2010, giving several error.
Hope that soon wiki compile guide will be updated, full guide to compile with msvc 2010 (is there any?)

Sponsored links

So to be clear, is it still not possible to compile on MSVC10? Because I would really like to compile and try and get the debugger working again, perhaps adding some functionality I'm looking for to it.
I've actually been able to successfully compile in VS2012 before, but I have a major issue: I update the projects to the VC2012 C++ libraries when prompted, but when I build the projects, I get a collection of MSB8020 compiler errors: for whatever reason, the compiler still expected the 2010 build libraries. Does anyone know a workaround to this that doesn't require installing another IDE?
(01-21-2013, 05:32 AM)eddievhfan1984 Wrote: I've actually been able to successfully compile in VS2012 before, but I have a major issue: I update the projects to the VC2012 C++ libraries when prompted, but when I build the projects, I get a collection of MSB8020 compiler errors: for whatever reason, the compiler still expected the 2010 build libraries. Does anyone know a workaround to this that doesn't require installing another IDE?

It should be related to the problem that VS11 projects in svn for some reason reference VS10 projects. So if you do not have VS10 installed it won't compile. You need to change project references to VS11 manually (in project files or from project settings in solution explorer) or wait till it will be changed in svn.
(01-21-2013, 01:51 PM)alerion Wrote: It should be related to the problem that VS11 projects in svn for some reason reference VS10 projects. So if you do not have VS10 installed it won't compile. You need to change project references to VS11 manually (in project files or from project settings in solution explorer) or wait till it will be changed in svn.

Yeah, I broke down and picked up VC++ 2010 Express. Seems to have done the trick. XP
This patch fixes the references of vs2012 project files. Should fix compilation from a clean repo. Not a problem if previously converted the vs2010 solution/projects.

#EDIT: Without this changes, compiling from a clean repo on VS2012 (without other VS) it will complain with: (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found.

The error would not should up if previously converted the VS2010 solution and projects (so the projects point to v110) or if you do have the v100 toolset available.

Attached Files
.zip   vs2012_projects_patch.zip (Size: 1,79 KB / Downloads: 236)
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Committed that patch. Thanks Smile
Hi,
I have a question. Does the in game text shown on screen (like in the dialogues) pass through pcsx2 at some point still in their text form?
Good lord, MSVS10, you are retarded. I had to specify path for dependencies (headers/libs) for EVERY GODDAMN PROJECT, for every plugin in order to build it.

Never again.
Kein:
http://takinginitiative.net/2010/07/02/s...udio-2010/

This is how everyone I know does it.