Windows Enviroment, Sytem Haltet/Stopped/Freeze
Hello @ll Smile

I#m using
- PCSX2 1.3.1-20150303095439 - compiled on Mar 3 2015
- with GSdx32 SSE4 Version 0.1.16 (20150303095439)

on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (16gb Ram, AmdFX8350, nVidia GTX 970)

If i try few Games, how T3 Redemption, Armored Core - Last Raven and a few others PcSX2/GSdx32 freezt and stopped my System. Other Words, Browser, Foobar2000, other Programms, Mouse & KB is not Responsible and PcSX2 self freezt/halted the System and fills the Ram at the end (3GB to 15GB).
If i wait for the Task all Programs are Crashing in the Window Enviroment. If i dont Wait for the Task and pressing repeatly F9 to switch and going in the Software Mode. i can see how the Ram is been Normalized and all is ok. If Switch now to the Hardware Mode. My Sytem is stopped/haltet and i can see how the Ram is filled from 3GB to 15GB.

This and this is a catastrophic terrible bug and ....my english too, sorry. I hope your understand this.

greetings marty

Sponsored links

Please post the emulog.txt
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Information 
Blink, in the emulog.txt there is not really important infos.

This happend with Physical Media, ISO or GZ. After the PS2 Logo. Its hard,
i had to restart my System. Here is the Log. Smile

Exists a other debug Mode for Record?

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 3,77 KB / Downloads: 325)
Are you sure that this doesn't happen with normal iso's? THe gz-feature is quite new and might have some so far unobserved buffer overflow...

Please check for event viewer:
[Windows] + R
'eventvwr'
Windows Logs -> System
Filter result removing all 'information' type entries and search mainly for errors and warnings.
Try to find something related.

Are you confident about your gpu drivers? Are they up2date? Do you use some beta driver?
(03-24-2015, 12:28 AM)willkuer Wrote: Are you sure that this doesn't happen with normal iso's? THe gz-feature is quite new and might have some so far unobserved buffer overflow...

Please check for event viewer:
[Windows] + R
'eventvwr'
Windows Logs -> System
Filter result removing all 'information' type entries and search mainly for errors and warnings.
Try to find something related.

Are you confident about your gpu drivers? Are they up2date? Do you use some beta driver?

Yes i'm sure 110%, I test the Games first with a Physical drive and then as ISO and then i Compress this as GZ. Smile.

nVidia is Up To date to the latest Driver Release 347.88. Other Games how, Gladius, Gradius 5 or Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1 or 2, Batmen Begins, FFX-2 working

Event viewer is a good Tip. I checked this. At current Time (before/after) to System Hang there are no Errors or Warnings. The only is a AppCrash

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: pcsx2.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x54f57b40
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: GSdx32-SSE4.dll, Version: 1.0.1.9, Zeitstempel: 0x54f579fe
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00020c86
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1034
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d065afc9ac5b2a
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\System Platform\Maschines - Sony\Playstion 2\pcsx2.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\System Platform\Maschines - Sony\Playstion 2\plugins\GSdx32-SSE4.dll
Berichtskennung: 428735b9-d1a3-11e4-ae3a-001583526571
Seems to be something going on with your graphic card maybe. GSdx is the plugin that caused PCSX2 to crash entirely, and it only happens in Hardware Mode (aka when the card actually has to do its job).

I'd use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall your current drivers fully, and then try out some older nvidia drivers first to see if it's still happening.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Obviously there is some memory leak in gsdx... very strange. Do you use the 4GB-patch? I wouldn't expect that pcsx2 can use 15GB RAM...
As said it could be related to some driver or directX issue. You can double check that by reinstalling/overinstalling.

Other idea:
Can you please check gsdx-SSE2 and your version gsdx-SSE4 in HW and SW renderer?
did you install the redistributable version from here ? If not, then give it a try.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-24-2015, 04:28 PM)ssakash Wrote: did you install the redistributable version from here ? If not, then give it a try.

Completely unrelated. That has nothing to do with the OP's problem.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
yeah, I should have read the first post a little better Tongue2 , my bad.

Baldur's gate: DA needs the 4GB patch & software mode and armored core: LA also needs software mode to be played properly. if this also happens with other games, I would suggest to try a clean install of pcsx2 and try booting the games in .ISO File type.

also, could you confirm the behavior of high ram usage on the other games ? also, make sure to run your processor at it's stock speed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction