Windows HDR getting messed up after starting->exiting a game on Vulkan renderer
Here's an interesting one: Running on Windows 11, I generally leave the Windows HDR setting on my PC to ON.  Whether a game uses HDR or not, I don't see any issues going between the two modes.  

With PCSX2 however, after I start a game and exit again, while Windows correctly stays in HDR mode, the overall brightness of the display will randomly flicker between the correct value and "too dark".  Restarting my display (an LG C2 OLED) doesn't address the problem; only toggling the HDR setting within Windows off then on again fixes the problem.  Auto HDR On/Off doesn't seem to affect the problem in any way.

The issue seems isolated to the Vulkan renderer; I did a test using DX11 and don't observe the problem occurring. Tested using PCSX2 v1.7.5122.

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
Display: LG C2 OLED

Sponsored links

A little late answering this, but you might be able to fix it by changing "Vulkan/OpenGL present method" in NV control panel to "Prefer layered on DXGI", for me that seems to fix both PCSX2 and RDR2 from dimming the screen when exiting, not totally sure if it helps the flickering issue you mentioned though.

Not sure why the native VK swapchain causes dimming though, probably something to do with our displays, would be nice to figure out what's actually the issue there...