Windows seven woes
Hey guys, been using PCSX2 on my xp machine for some time with no issues, went to install it on a friends machine to play Kingdom Hearts (which I've played on my machine with no issues) and I can't get the damn thing to work on her windows seven machine. I've disabled UAC, run it as administrator. etc.
I've tried almost all permutations of the stock plugins and everytime it just dies on startup of the game.

MTGS > Thread Started. Opening GS Plugin...

That's when it dies. just times out pretty much.

Any help you guys have would be appreciated

AMD Athlon II X4 620
4gigs of ram
Radeon 5770

Any additional information you need just post up. Thanks in advance for the help and keep up the great work!

Sponsored links

1) Update your DirectX (no just because Win 7 supports DX11 doesn't mean you have the latest)
2) Move PCSX2 to your 'My documents' folder
[Image: newsig.jpg]
interesting, why my documents? will try now.
because wb 7 and vista are not like xp. in windows xp you where the FULL administrator. in vista and 7 you are not whatever you do (except of some tricks that you dont really need to mess with cause they maybe can cause some problems [its about using the hidden administrator account] ) so the only place you have full rights is that folder. pathetic ah? Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-23-2010, 02:43 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: so the only place you have full rights is that folder.

Not really. You can just as easily create a top level "Games" folder and you'll have full rights there, too. That's what I do so I don't have to wade through folder nests just to get to emulators. In fairness, though, this is kinda what Linux does, too. You have your "Home" folder and your apps actually get installed there. You need elevated rights in order to change something system wide.
thanks for the info; got it working.