Wizardry Tale of the forsanken land, missing sound.
I'm using SVN 5492

The game plays fine, most of the sounds play fine, but it fails to play any sound at all in battle, not just music but also sound effects. And there are some other missing sound effects with the game like resting at the inn and a few others.

I don't think its a bad ISO, because I ripped it from the original disk, and the disk has no damage at all. And I've tried running the game from the disk also.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Bump? Has anyone gotten this game to work fully, including sound? I've tried to search for any info regarding this game and PCSX2, and found nothing that could help me.

I've tried all the sound plugins I got with the package, and tried messing around with some settings on all of them, but I'm more or less going blind due to the lack of a clue about what I'm even doing.

The version I'm using says 1.1.0.5492(SVN). I think this is an official version? If not, and someone can point me to an "official" version that runs this game, please do.

I made another ISO image from the original disk to make sure it wasn't a bad ISO, and then burned that new ISO image onto a disk and played it on my PS2, and the sound works fine. I'd rather play this on my PC though, due to it being HD.

PC specs:

CPU: I5 2500k OC'd to 4.5 ghz
GPUs: Radeon 6970 x2
Ram: 16gb DDR3 1600mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68 UD4 B3

Also I just started up the SVN, and I got this error on the console:

Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\pcsx2-5496-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5484.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\pcsx2-5496-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5484.dll

Unsure if this has anything to do with my problem with this game or not?
Sorry ,i don't have this game. SVN you mentioned above not a release version.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-1-0...-Installer
(01-23-2013, 07:54 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: Sorry ,i don't have this game. SVN you mentioned above not a release version.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-1-0...-Installer

The sound works on this version, thanks!
Have fun Smile
I have no issues with the sound in battles, using the latest SVN version.
(01-23-2013, 10:32 PM)rama Wrote: I have no issues with the sound in battles, using the latest SVN version.

(01-23-2013, 07:43 PM)crimsonedge11 Wrote: Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\pcsx2-5496-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5484.dll
Custom build perhaps.