Won't start up
I don't know if the game is the problem or my setup
trying to play Dark Cloud

running on Dell xps 720 with XP and nvidia 8800 gtx
Graphics: ZeroGs 0.97.1
Sound: SPU2-x 1.1.0
CDVDrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin .0.7.0

When i try to run dark cloud it just freezes and never goes into it and i have to exit pcsx2
Not sure entirely what i need to put for people to be able to help

Sponsored links

Configure the emulator properly using the extensive guide:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Aye first check what above poster mentioned, other things you may want to try, use Gsdx plugin instead of ZeroGs (alot more simple) and maybe try a gamefix of some kind in the config, maybe the Tri Ace game fix?
No, as the guide says the tri ace fix is for specific games...which are all noted there and none of them is Dark Cloud.
Edit: I meant in the guide, on the special game fixes section
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmm actually i dont see it noted on r1888 but yea on the new alpha builds. Yup i guess it probably wont help then, although using Gsdx instead probably will. But when i cant get a game to work i try anything I can think of, usually get it running. Google search Dark Cloud Pcsx2 might help to with some specific settings required for it. But thats only if double checking ur config using the official guide (as mentioned above) doesnt get it up and running. (Also unrelated lol Elandor was the name of my first WoW character Nelf Druid =/)
I switched to the Gsdx plugin and now its starts up but now im also getting the error "Failed Creating Mastering Voice: 0X12F6C0" i don't know if that means anything