Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wondering if something like this will be able to run pcsx2
So basically i will buy new procesor and graphic card will be good enough to run most of the games on playable speed (40~45 fps) (with our without speed hacks)

Procesor:

http://www.links.hr/index.php?naziv=Proc...50.603.231

Graphic card:

http://www.links.hr/index.php?naziv=Graf...51.803.836

I am not to sure about procesor it could vary from 2.8 ghz to more then 3.4 (will most likely get the 1 in link).Both procesor and graphic card cost 100$ so if you got anything cheaper to recomend pls go ahead xD

Edit:sory for bad english xD

Sponsored links

Depends on games you want to play - you'll have to enable speed hacks anyway. 40-45 fps seems too low to me - mind the diference between PS2 and PC games; PS2 games are frame-related so you need exactly 50, respectively 60 fps to run it smoothly. On my PC, I can run games like FFX/XII or Persona, but not the more demanding games (or in bad quality).
I think my configuration can more or less comparable to one you want to buy, since the number of cores almost doesn't matter.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.7 GHz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR5 @ 800/1000 MHz
RAM 2x2 GB DDR 3 Dual channel
(10-15-2011, 11:20 AM)Szalooth Wrote: Depends on games you want to play - you'll have to enable speed hacks anyway. 40-45 fps seems too low to me - mind the diference between PS2 and PC games; PS2 games are frame-related so you need exactly 50, respectively 60 fps to run it smoothly. On my PC, I can run games like FFX/XII or Persona, but not the more demanding games (or in bad quality).
I think my configuration can more or less comparable to one you want to buy, since the number of cores almost doesn't matter.

are you running FF games whit or without speed hacks becose i could run FFX full speed(most time) on my laptop whit dual core 2.00 ghz .And i was also wondering if some more demanding games will run on the new comp(like:dragon quest 8/star ocean 3)whit speed hacks or is it still to weak?
FFX is one of the easiest games to get full speed. If you can't achieved full speed in FFX, then that means your pc is crap.
Can you please state the hardware in question?
Those links are goners... Mellow
umm yea sory dont know what happend to links xD

Procesor:AMD Athlon II X2 270 Box, s.AM3,3.4 Ghz, 2MB cache, Dual core

Graphic card:GeFore GT 430,1GB DDR3,D-SSUB,DVI,HDMI

Decent choices, but $100 each?
I guess that depends on your location then...?
Well that is why i am not to sure about them xD But i sreiously think that is good offer in Croatia it is hard to find Dual core Procesors whit over 3.0 ghz for lower then 100$(completely new whit warranty for 36 months).And should i look for similar ATI graphic card because i am definitely getting an AMD procesor.
Well, then that probably isn't too bad a price over there.

Maybe if you find another GPU with DDR5 for a fare deal.
Otherwise, I'd probably just stick with that one.
Well thx a lot and thx for replying so fast Biggrin xD