Would 64bit benefit PCSX2 like it did with Dolphin?
They're not memory leaks.
We have games doing just very silly things that cause huge overhead when emulated.
One fix for the problem is optimization for those cases, which is tricky and can lead to poor performance.
The other fix is simply extending the limits with x64.

Edit: Thanks for the support Gregory Laugh

Sponsored links

IMO, extending the limits wouldn't be a useful fix, maybe a validation for the allocation of texture(RT) depending on any other parameter ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-29-2015, 03:45 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: Or just drop 32 bit altogether. Seriously, I honestly don't see why microsoft is still releasing 32 bit Windows when pretty much all modern CPU's are x64 compatible.
Connected standby only worked in 32bit at Win8 launch and those PowerVR Atom's only have Win32 drivers. OEMs also probably wanted it so they can build cheaper tablets.
(06-29-2015, 02:49 PM)rama Wrote: They're not memory leaks.
We have games doing just very silly things that cause huge overhead when emulated.
One fix for the problem is optimization for those cases, which is tricky and can lead to poor performance.
The other fix is simply extending the limits with x64.

Using the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE option will practically solve the memory requirement issue at least on 64-bit systems with enough memory. There is an issue about this on GitHub. Anyway, optimizing the code is a nicer solution.
is there a ware to complie with LAA enabled? i don't mind patching anytime i update but it would be nice to not have to.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, i have no idea how to code Tongue
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Yes, but there is a concern that it might break something.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/596

I was supposed to be running some tests about that, but I forgot. Seriously I forgot. lol and it's my request!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You seriously didn't see this?
[Image: LAA.png]
he's using the 4gb patch i believe, which does the same thing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Other than the exe checksum probably no longer matching it does the same thing.