Would I be able to run EVERYTHING?
CPU: Intel i7-980X 3.33GHz Six-Core overclocked to 4.4GHz
Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Video Card: 2x Radeon HD 5970 4GB

So my questions is would this be able to run everything at 60 FPS?

Sponsored links

Simple answer: No.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
Pcsx2 will only utilize 2 of the cores and one of your gpus.
If it is overclocked to 4,4 Ghz yes it will emulate almost everything at 60fps. At least all games that don't hit horrible bugs on PCSX2 that kill your FPS no matter your PC Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-18-2010, 06:38 AM)DarkFang Wrote: So my questions is would this be able to run everything at 60 FPS?

Nope, not everything.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-18-2010, 08:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: If it is overclocked to 4,4 Ghz yes it will emulate almost everything at 60fps. At least all games that don't hit horrible bugs on PCSX2 that kill your FPS no matter your PC Tongue

Yeah that's what I meant. All games that are fully playable. Thanks for your answers guys.

Why does it only use two cores?
same reason that nearly all games only use 2 cores. Its the way its coded and would require way too much work to redo the code from scratch to make use of all cores.

(06-18-2010, 06:24 PM)yurihyuga Wrote: same reason that nearly all games only use 2 cores. Its the way its coded and would require way too much work to redo the code from scratch to make use of all cores.

Oh okay. I get it.
Not only "the way it's coded".
That implies that there's a way to just make it use X many more cores, which is just not true.
yeh should have been more specific its the way the engine is coded and you can modify some things but you would not be able to enhance the engine itself it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up to just change from 2-4 core support. Which basically means a whole new engine.

Think that sounded better