Would upgrading my graphics card be useful?
Specs in sig... And I know this might not be the exact place to ask this, but I sort of want to upgrade my graphics card so I can play on better renderings. But... I'm running this on a laptop. I know that it would be a bit of work, maybe, but I'd be willing to attempt. I don't really know anything about graphics cards, and wouldn't even know if another one would be compatible. You know, with the size of the actual card. I already upgraded my laptop to 8GB of ram, which was pretty easy, I didn't have to take apart much. I'm using an Acer Aspire V3-571G-6407. Basically the main question is whether or not I'd benefit from a better card, and also if my laptop would only be compatible with the Geforce 600 series.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...761.0.html
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook...ce-gt-630m

Sponsored links

Laptop graphics are integrated onto the motherboard in 99% of cases. Only a select few super high top of the line models have truly replacable graphics, and before I even look at your specs I can tell you that your laptop isn't one of them.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Hm, I see... So that was what they were showing on youtube. People replacing the motherboard in their laptops so that they CAN get a better graphics card... Well, how much would that even cost?
(06-18-2013, 07:14 AM)joshsonic26 Wrote: Hm, I see... So that was what they were showing on youtube. People replacing the motherboard in their laptops so that they CAN get a better graphics card... Well, how much would that even cost?

There are not exactly many laptops that allow you to upgrade their motherboards Huh

Even if you do find one that this is a possibility, it WILL cost a lot. Likely cheaper to just get a better laptop.
I think I'll take a look inside my laptop and see if my card can be removed. Then I'll go from there. If it can be, I'll probably upgrade, if not... well, I'll just wait for laptops to get better, and at the same time, cheaper.