X-Men Legends ingame speech sometimes cuts off
Hello, guys and/or girls, I've been recently been playing X-Men Legends on pcsx2 and notice sometimes the speech in this game would cut off during a conversation between Wolverine and Mystique or When Magma and Xavier would talk and the speech would sometimes cut off, is there any way this can be fixed? All my settings are set to default, nothing been change to it and I'm using the recent git or whatever you called it.

Sponsored links

Really, no response? That's unfortunate Sad
One thing you can try is going to the PCSX2\inis folder, opening SPU2-X.ini and changing DelayCycles=4 to DelayCycle=1
(07-21-2016, 01:13 AM)FlatOut Wrote: One thing you can try is going to the PCSX2\inis folder, opening SPU2-X.ini and changing DelayCycles=4 to DelayCycle=1

Okay I'll try that when I'm able to play it again but will it messed up any other games if I did that and need to change it back to DelayCycles=4 again?
(07-21-2016, 07:32 PM)MangorushZ Wrote: Okay I'll try that when I'm able to play it again but will it messed up any other games if I did that and need to change it back to DelayCycles=4 again?
Yes, it might. It's better to change it back just to be safe.
(07-21-2016, 07:41 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Yes, it might. It's better to change it back just to be safe.

Okay I've just tried what you've suggested and it still cuts the ingame speech off and I don't even get the chance to finish reading it all or hearing them finish the speech so, can be quite annoying when it happens when I'm trying to follow the story on what's going on but can't when it gets cuts off, is there any other method I could try to remedy this issue?
You can try changing the Synchronising Mode to "Async Mix" in Config > Audio (SPU2) > Plugin Settings
(07-21-2016, 11:19 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You can try changing the Synchronising Mode to "Async Mix" in Config > Audio (SPU2) > Plugin Settings

Unfortunately it's still doing it, I guess there is no fix to this issue and I guess I will have to live with it but thank you for your help though, if there is something else I can still try, I'm all happy to try it, once again thank you.
Sounds like a timing issue with the counters, is the issue present on 1.2.1 stable build ?
(07-22-2016, 07:30 AM)ssakash Wrote: Sounds like a timing issue with the counters, is the issue present on 1.2.1 stable build ?

I'll have to check it out when I get home and see, if it issue is still present in that build then I may just give up on the game, it's not fun when you can't know what they're talking about when the dialog/speech between the characters gets skipped before they finish the speech and not knowing what to do or what they're talking about.