X-men Legends running slow
I've played a few other games (Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy xiii and Rogue Galaxy) without any problems. When I play X-men Legends it runs very slow and usually crashes after a few minutes.

My pc specs
Windows 7
Intel i7 950 3.07 ghz
12gb ram
nvidia geforce 485m

Sponsored links

Did you use PCSX2 0.9.8. Is it a Laptop/ Try Speedhacks, change the power plan to High Performance. TRy chaging the clamp and round modes to none and nearest.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-12-2011, 05:24 PM)recoder Wrote: Did you use PCSX2 0.9.8. Is it a Laptop/ Try Speedhacks, change the power plan to High Performance. TRy chaging the clamp and round modes to none and nearest.
Thanks for the reply and tips.

Yeah it's a Clevo laptop made for gaming with a desktop processor. I'm using PCSX2 0.2.8. I tried speed hacks. I turned up EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle stealing a little bit. It speed the game up but it still crashed shortly after. How do I change the power plan?

edit
I changed clamp and mode like you said and that now it's working fine. Thank you very much!
lol froze on me again. It's playing a lot more smoothly though.
You can change the power plan by going Control Panel and going to Hardware and Sound and then to power plan. For XP, try searching or by default there should be a Power Plan Icon. look for that and change it to High Performance.

Did it freeze again. Then make sure your Laptop doesn't gets overheated. Check the no. of threads in Task Manager. Try increasing the clamp and round modes but it will decrease speed. Smile
(11-12-2011, 08:18 PM)recoder Wrote: You can change the power plan by going Control Panel and going to Hardware and Sound and then to power plan. For XP, try searching or by default there should be a Power Plan Icon. look for that and change it to High Performance.

Did it freeze again. Then make sure your Laptop doesn't gets overheated. Check the no. of threads in Task Manager. Try increasing the clamp and round modes but it will decrease speed. Smile
Thanks again. MY comp didn't overheat so I don't know what happened. I haven't had any probs with anything else. I just played ffx-2 without any problems.

Do you mean changing the clamp and rounds back to where the were before or to Positive and Extra + Perserve Sign?
If it freezes again does the emulog.txt / pcsx2 console show you any error. Was the iso properly made?
It didn't crash on me today luckily. I played it for about 20 minutes until I got to a save point. Lol that was the first time I managaed to play the game long enough to save. Looking at the log I did see an old error. This might be from one of the times it crashed.
Quote:[wx] can't commit changes to file 'C:\Users\Documents\PCSX2\inis\PCSX2_ui.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file.
Performing igUserPreInitialization()...
Run pcsx2 as administrator, and that should fix that issue. Smile
You mean admin in windows? I already am. Or do you mean something else?