XBOX 360 controller issue
I'm using the latest version of Lilypad, and im playing Rogue Galaxy. This problem also occurred in any of the Ratchet and Clank games and I just switched over to the D-Pad.....but I need the D-Pad for the battles in Rogue Galaxy Sad I believe it will happen with any game where if you push the analog stick a little they will walk, and all the way they will run. Anyways, all directions work fine except for diagonal, which I can deal with. But when I push it up, the character only walks and doesn't run. Definitly can't go through the game like that. Anyone come across this problem before? Or know of an option in the plugin so it detects each direction as being pressed all the way?

Sponsored links

Well I can use my 360 controller for dark cloud 2 just fine, and I'm quite sure it's the same engine. I can run/walk using the sticks. I'll post my config for lillypad see how different it is to yours.

[Image: lillye.jpg]
You don't have sensitivity for up set below one, do you? You could try turning it up, regardless. As I don't have an Xbox 360 controller (And think the entire XInput thing is just evil), can't really test it myself. I use completely identical code for all 4 axes, so it could be a problem with your controller (Stick pressed fully up doesn't register as such).
Set sensitivity to about 1.375 for the analog sticks,that should do it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Is this a common issue with Xbox 360 controllers? I could just hard code in a scale factor, but docs clearly state the return values range from -32768 to 32767.
Perhaps. I also use a 360 controller, and I've also noticed this issue (and I've also switched to using the d-pad in some games). When I first noticed it, I recalibrated the controller via vista's interface (and it didn't show anything unusual in its little graphical axis display widget) to no effect. Something which almost eliminated the issue for me: it's possible to "pry" the analog sticks up a bit, out of their socket. When they're raised like this, the problem was far worse -- pushing them down helped quite a bit.
(03-24-2009, 03:52 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Is this a common issue with Xbox 360 controllers? I could just hard code in a scale factor, but docs clearly state the return values range from -32768 to 32767.

Fixed the problem. The sensitivity option seemed like I couldnt change it at first look. BTW, really like how you have the XBOX360 controller pre-calibrated in the 831 LilyPad beta. Although the Left D-pad is missing. Thanks for the help.
(03-24-2009, 05:31 AM)ryanboyl Wrote:
(03-24-2009, 03:52 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Is this a common issue with Xbox 360 controllers? I could just hard code in a scale factor, but docs clearly state the return values range from -32768 to 32767.

I am using the LilyPad svn 0.9.11 (r824) settings which has the XBOX360 settings already calibrated. Tried it on the version that came with the pcsx2 0.9.6 download which I did calibrate and it didn't work either. So when I updated and still had the problem I started this thread. Problem still not fixed although I can't figure out what settings to change. I see the sensitivity option but it wont allow me to change it.
My sensitivity slider becomes usable once I select something (an axis) from the list. I'll give this a shot next time I notice this problem (next time I play persona 4?).