XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@Sky-Dragon: I would recommend buying a well-known brand Bluetooth 4.0 dongle if you are buying a new one. I personally use Belkin BTH 4.0 dongles (uses Broadcom chip).

@Thigz: I have not added support for "fake" controllers as I simply don't own any and would have no way to test any changes required to get them working or to troubleshoot any problems reported.

@Zolcillonca: I would suspect that your controller is not a genuine Sony DS3 - the 241 that is being displayed is an Invalid value for Battery Status.

I changed the displayed value of HCI & LMP versions to be a hex string instead of a decimal string - 1311 hex = 4811 decimal.

Normal behaviour of a genuine Sony DS3 when you disconnect from USB
- all 4 LED's should flash while the DS3 is connecting on BTH.
- once connected 1 LED should be solid (or flash depending on Battery Status)

@PB84: DS3s display the SCP controller ID on the LEDs. There is no conflict with X360 controllers. Open ScpMonitor, in configuration Disable Native Feed - then run ScpUser to view XInput from your controllers.

@DirtyShady: use ScpMonitor to view Battery Status of attached controllers.

LED/LightBar for DS3/DS4 :
USB - Solid = Charged, Slow Flash = Charging
BTH - Solid = 40% or above, Fast Flash = less than 40%.

Sponsored links

(01-28-2014, 08:32 PM)geop0p3 Wrote: It seems like I have a different fake... also in the log it says it's genuine... what?

Anyway how can I modify the code? i suppose i need to modify scpcontrol.dll right?
Thanks for the reply

I have the same question, I noticed it said it was a genuine PS3 controller, so why would it say that if it was fake? Is it not possible that 'genuine' controllers can have a different address, or do all of them have to have the same address to actually be genuine?
How can a PS3 work properly with genuine AND aftermarket controllers, and this app not? Maybe I'm the only one with these 'logical' questions, and they might even be stupid questions, but not having a complete understanding of the code editing process makes it difficult to understand..
The Dohitchy is there so you can attach the Whatchamacallit to the Thingamabob.
Thanks for making this amazing program!

I had W8 and everything worked perfectly with the drivers, but now I have run into a problem.

I did a Windows Refresh and installed W8.1 today and now I can't get the bluetooth to work. When I open the monitor it only says "Host Address : <Error>". In device manager BTH DS3 Device is listed under Universal Serial devices, but it seems the monitor will not recognize anything bluetooth related.
Any idea on how to fix this issue?

Edit:
Nevermind. I just remember my laptop actually has W8.1 and it was working there with the same dongle.

I copied the ScpServer folder from my laptop to my desktop and it seems to be working. I won't delete this post just in case it's somehow helpful.

Hardware ID:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_1915

Versions:
Worked - 1.0.0.103
Didn't work - 1.1.0.136 OR 1.1.0.139
(01-29-2014, 12:29 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Sky-Dragon: I would recommend buying a well-known brand Bluetooth 4.0 dongle if you are buying a new one. I personally use Belkin BTH 4.0 dongles (uses Broadcom chip).

@Thigz: I have not added support for "fake" controllers as I simply don't own any and would have no way to test any changes required to get them working or to troubleshoot any problems reported.

@Zolcillonca: I would suspect that your controller is not a genuine Sony DS3 - the 241 that is being displayed is an Invalid value for Battery Status.

I changed the displayed value of HCI & LMP versions to be a hex string instead of a decimal string - 1311 hex = 4811 decimal.

@PB84: DS3s display the SCP controller ID on the LEDs. There is no conflict with X360 controllers. Open ScpMonitor, in configuration Disable Native Feed - then run ScpUser to view XInput from your controllers.

Ok it's clear for me now, but when charging I prefer progressive battery status with all LED. Full charged (all 4 LEDs), 75% (3 LEDs), 50% (2 LEDs), etc...and when charging all LEDs flash 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4, etc... as Motioninjoy + DS3. But it's also a good idea to indentify number of pad with 1 LED. Possible to add differents possibilities in Service Configuration ?
@Rickhtoo: The log shows that it presented the correct name over BTH, this does not in itself indicate that it is a genuine Sony DS3.

There are various different "fake" controllers on the market, some are very convincing. The only definitive way to tell that they are fakes is to open them up and compare the internal components.

The other less definitive way is that they differ in behaviour from a genuine Sony DS3. Some may require you to press the PS button after disconnecting from USB to enable Bluetooth [and don't report when the PS button is pressed during use - can't use as a Guide button]. Others have spelling mistakes in the Bluetooth name [Conteroller-ghic]. Others just have different behaviour on BTH.

All genuine Sony controllers behave in exactly the same way - release day Sixaxis controllers to currently available DualShock 3s. The software in this project was designed and coded based on the behaviour of genuine Sony controllers.

@WatchEmFall: can zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.
(01-29-2014, 12:29 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Zolcillonca: I would suspect that your controller is not a genuine Sony DS3 - the 241 that is being displayed is an Invalid value for Battery Status.

Hello Scarlet thx for the quick Reply, regarding my controller I'm 100 % sure that is legit, I bought it in person in an Official Sony Store here where I live in Buenos Aires Argentina, even the box comes with a sticker that says Sony Argentina Guaranteed, what I was thinking is that maybe the Latin American Version CECHZC2M is perhaps slightly different than the other versions and thats why the battery shows that weird code.
Every time i Plug it on the USB it says charging and after some time says 241 xD.

Anyways my main problem is not been able to use it over BT, I tried that alternative dll for non legit controllers but with no luck, works on USB and does not work on BT same behaviour as with the original dll.

From the log files that I posted earlier is there something else that u can tell me about where the problem might be ?

Regards Zolcillonca !!
I still can't get the bluetooth to work Sad!!!
Motionjoy was easier for my case at least....
Might need to try to use genuine controller
(01-29-2014, 02:10 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @WatchEmFall: can zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

Hope this helps somehow.

1.1.0.136 (Didn't Work)

.zip   1.1.0.136.zip (Size: 1,83 KB / Downloads: 271)

1.0.0.103 (Worked Perfectly)

.zip   1.0.0.103.zip (Size: 2,08 KB / Downloads: 289)
(01-29-2014, 12:29 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Sky-Dragon: I would recommend buying a well-known brand Bluetooth 4.0 dongle if you are buying a new one. I personally use Belkin BTH 4.0 dongles (uses Broadcom chip).

Ok I understand, it's impossible to use all 4 LEDs of DS3, because Xbox360 gamepad has only one LED.
(01-29-2014, 01:38 AM)WatchEmFall Wrote: Thanks for making this amazing program!

I had W8 and everything worked perfectly with the drivers, but now I have run into a problem.

I did a Windows Refresh and installed W8.1 today and now I can't get the bluetooth to work. When I open the monitor it only says "Host Address : <Error>". In device manager BTH DS3 Device is listed under Universal Serial devices, but it seems the monitor will not recognize anything bluetooth related.
Any idea on how to fix this issue?

Edit:
Nevermind. I just remember my laptop actually has W8.1 and it was working there with the same dongle.

I copied the ScpServer folder from my laptop to my desktop and it seems to be working. I won't delete this post just in case it's somehow helpful.

Hardware ID:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_1915

Versions:
Worked - 1.0.0.103
Didn't work - 1.1.0.136 OR 1.1.0.139

I am surprised you got it to work, 8.1 is known to break Bluetooth. After upgrading to 8.1 you need to download and install the latest BT drivers to get it working properly. This is with any BT device, not just SCP.
The Dohitchy is there so you can attach the Whatchamacallit to the Thingamabob.