XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(03-08-2014, 06:57 AM)superspammer Wrote: hey! so I installed this and it works great for my ds3! is there any way for me to use my bluetooth headphones at the same time? I have a different bluetooth adapter I can dedicate to each, but they both register as a BTH DS3 device...any suggestions if this is possible?
Go to the Device Manager right click one of the BTH DS3 device entries click properties click the driver tab and click rollback driver. Now you can dedicate one bluetooth adapter to your headphones.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080Ti | Mem: Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4 | OS: Windows 10 x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: MSI MPG Pro Carbon WiFi | GPU: AMD RX 6600 | Mem: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 | OS: Ubuntu Mate 22.04

Sponsored links

(03-07-2014, 09:12 PM)StrangeBiscuit Wrote: Seems to work great for me. Uninstalled MotionJoy drivers and ran your installer...picked up my built-in BT adapter without issue.

I was happy enough with MotionJoy (I don't begrudge them their ad revenue), but my main problem with it was that the Bluetooth drivers would stop working after sleep or hibernation...each time I'd have to roll back and re-install to get it working again. This solution doesn't seem to have that issue.

Just a question though...does it just keep the server running in the background at all times? With MJ when I closed the program I believe the server itself shuts down. Is there a way to start and stop the server with this solution? I'd rather not have extra services running in the background at all times if I can avoid it.

Unfortunately, I have to take it back...after coming out of hibernation this morning I had the same problem I used to have with MotionJoy except worse apparently. SCP Monitor just says "Host Adress : <Error>".

With MotionJoy I could get it working again by rolling back and re-installing the drivers, then turning the Bluetooth off and on again. This does not seem to work with with SCP.

Anybody know any way to make the drivers stick, or do I have to go back to MotionJoy?
Finally I bought a new bluetooth and get my DS3 fully working Smile
The only remaining questions:

1. Is there any way to use the L3 and R3 buttons?
2. Is it possible to use PS button as ordinary button?

best regards
Pawel
(03-05-2014, 11:15 AM)neo0031 Wrote: ...
However, I've recently encountered a problem where Windows 7 would disconnect and reconnect the controller in game whenever Rumble is activated outside a certain timeframe, and the OS would play the USB connect sound. I am not sure if this problem has been reported before.

I am using the latest update (even though problem has occurred in previous literations) with a DS3 controller via USB, on Win 7 64bit.
One more bump in hope for help.

Had this issue before when I had the controller connected with a small USB hub (it even locked up and needed a reset after doing this a couple times), but did not occur when I had the controller directly plugged into my laptop.

My guess is that the controller needs full USB power when rumble is active and needs to be connected directly to the computer to revive the power needed.
Scarlet.Crush
First of all thank you for great driver for DS3. Pad works fine and everything works. But i have some trouble in Win7. After wakeup game can's see pad unfotunatly :C I tried to turn off USB energy economy and change some options for USB in Energy management. But it still doesn't work. Also i reinstalled SCPserver. All in vain
Hi there, I am having some troubble installing all this, I had not unistalled motionjoy stuff so it problably kinda messed up the installation...
I have tried doing a clean installation but I am not quite sure how do do that, so I have unistalled several drivers i could see were related to xbox and ps3 controller drivers, but now when i plug in my controller, windows does not install the default drivers, I am thinking this is quite a big of a problem.

Does someone know how to fix this ?
(03-08-2014, 11:39 PM)dielectric Wrote: Finally I bought a new bluetooth and get my DS3 fully working Smile
The only remaining questions:

1. Is there any way to use the L3 and R3 buttons?
2. Is it possible to use PS button as ordinary button?

best regards
Pawel

about l3 and r3 i use them with the emulators and games without problems already.
Hi, the program isn't picking up my controller, all i get is this : http://gyazo.com/9185a4ff1b8545ac2fea6ed99b63df57
(12-12-2013, 11:39 AM)yetifrisstlama2 Wrote: Hi,

I'm new here, so first of all a big thanks to Scarlet.Crush for that brilliant driver and for keeping it open source!

It turns out I also bought a fake PS3 controller without knowing. The thing looks absolutely genuie, until you open it and discover the blue battery pack without any warnings or labels on it.

I tried it with the current SCP driver:
Code:
"SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103.7z"
While it works fine over USB, the driver just does not recognize the gamepad over Bluetooth.

I checked the .log file after a connection attempt and saw this:
Code:
10/12/2013 00:56:02.253 -- Remote Name : 00:18:00:E9:D5:DB - PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-ghic
10/12/2013 00:56:02.253 << HCI_Reject_Connection_Request [040A]
Turns out that whoever made the controller, managed to put a spelling mistakeExcl in the Bluetooth ID.

As a workaround, I modified the following line in BthDevice.cs:
Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "Navigation Controller")
to
Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "Navigation Controller" || Name.StartsWith("PLAYSTATION") )

I think it would be a very helpful feature to make the Bluetooth ID user-configurable in the SCP driver. Maybe with a small config file.

But that was not the whole story, the driver was still hanging at:
Code:
11/12/2013 01:34:36.935 << L2CAP_Connection_Request [02] PSM [01]
Seems like the fake controllers do not answer to Service Channel Requests
I found a post, showing how to disable the relevant check in the code and ..voila.. Bluetooth worked perfectly.

However, I'm not sure what these Service Channel Requests are used for. Maybe Scarlet does know more about that.

So, if anyone is still having trouble with non-genuie PS3 controllers, I have attached the modified and compiled ScpControl.dll file. Just replace the original one and reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Hi, dont work with SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.1.0.136. replaced DLL causes service not work.
I have non-geniue controller and I have problems with connection via blue tooth with BT211. I try everything and nothing solved my problem.
(03-09-2014, 04:23 PM)ultimategrayfox Wrote: about l3 and r3 i use them with the emulators and games without problems already.

Do you have to enable them somehow or they worked out of the box? In my case they don't work even in "Game Controllers" Windows' tools.