XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Just installed Dark Souls 2 from Steam, no problems using a DS3 or DS4 with it. Started up with both connected, then switched between them using the promote button on ScpMonitor.

From the forums, it does sound like there are issues if you have non-XInput controllers connected. Same as Dark Souls 1.

Sponsored links

What.

The.

Spent 3 hours messing with DS3, DS4, nothing, nada, WILL NOT WORK IN-GAME FOR ME, but works in other games just fine, emulators, and DKS1.

But DKS2? Oh no, it won't even register. HELL, I can browse Steam BIg picture mode with the controller while in-game, but not the game itself.

What gives!

Is there any reason why SCPServer doesn't work, but Monitor shows it, and as I said, ti works in games?

http://i.imgur.com/Mld39lT.jpg

Related?
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
ScpMonitor is showing connection data from ScpService, which is running in the background. If ScpService is running, ScpServer will not be able to connect to the devices. Don't run ScpServer if ScpService is running.
Alright, was just curious.

Any idea why Dark Souls II doesn't detect it, and why DKS1 needs X360CE to detect it? Other ones are fine, though...

I've tried uninstalling everything, restarting, re-installing, restarting, nothing...

Ruining my DKS2 experience...I tried X360CE with DKS2, like DKS1, but it was a no-go.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
From what I've read on the Steam Forums - the controller detection/enumeration method used by Dark Souls 1/2 doesn't seem to be very robust.

It seems like it gives preference to non-XInput devices. One post on Steam said that disconnecting a WebCam allowed his X360 wired controller to be usable in Dark Souls 2.

At a guess, you have a device installed which they are giving preference to over XInput. In DS1 this was probably masked out by the compatibility mode used by X360ce, but requires a different setting for DS2. [or combination of X360ce/DsFix was doing this]

I have no issues using a DS3 or DS4 with Dark Souls 1, and I don't use x360ce or DsFix.
Hm....

I will try...removing my Logitech G13.

It is a DS4 Controller, so I dunno. Can't think of anything that would cause this =/

Ok.

4 Hours. 4 God damned hours.

Removed the G13. Worked.

Great, happy, wonderful, 4 hours, wasted.

Anyways...how would I go about having my G13 plugged in and this remaining functional??? My G13 is used to display ttemps / frame-rate / various other things.
Yeah, the issue with multiple controllers is the same I'm trying to solve (I get the same issue when I have multiple of the same controllers connected as well as when I have my ps3 bluetooth remote bound to the system). I've tried messing around with x360ce and durazno with no success. I wish there was some way to prevent a game from seeing controllers, but as far as I can tell, the only thing you can really do is disconnect anything you don't need.

This affects a number of games including Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed, and possibly Darksiders (though I think Darksiders might actually have a workaround).
Greetings. I have a problem with Dark Souls 2. Playing with DS3 controller, last version of scp. So the problem is when someone hits me (not every time, but often, especially when someone big with high attack hits me) my controller strongly vibrates and i cant do nothing until i stop-start scp server or sometimes i just have ~2-3 sec. delay before i can do something. I have played castlevania 2 before it and everything was fine. How can i fix this problem?
Considering upper posts, i removed my web-cam. Didn't help at all
UPD: Well... after hours of manipulating with re-installing\uninstalling drivers and attempting to try it on betterDS3(can't install motionjoy driver at all btw, even after full scp uninstalling), i've got a new problem - any game won't detect my controller, disabling web-cam won't work and i don't use other 'special' stuff
UPD2: I don't know how, but now it works fine. No "crushes" after 1 hour gameplay in dark souls 2. The only thing is scp server start with scp service now and i need to shutdown service to be able to play. How can i fix it?
Hey Scarlet! I hope you or someone can help me out here. Having trouble getting my controller(DS3) to work with Dark Souls 2. The monitor is saying that my controller is charged in pad 1, but my host address is Disconnected. I tried to back search for similar issues on the forum, but nothing helped to fix it. I Must be doing something wrong that I haven't noticed.

-- Install Summary --
SCP DS3 Service
Bus Device
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver

Host Address - Disconnected

Been at this for hours, at least the keyboard and mouse in DS2 isn't too bad.
HELOOOOW scarlet,,, i think i may be your only fan in Tanzania (Africa)
your program works great and im in love with it... but i have an issue.. i dont know if its me but i think i may be having a delay on botton press while playing NFS the run,, i feel the half second delay, is it me or this is a real problm, and if so please help me out bro,,, im dying coz i have battle field 4,dishonoured,mortal kombat 9,assasins creed blackflag on the way in torrents and i dnt want this to happen in them too. please pleeeease help me out Scarlet.Crush