XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(11-15-2014, 12:25 PM)zombiezoom Wrote: I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

Uninstall everything and redo the process but UNTICK/DO NOT INSTALL bluetooth driver via SCP, instead install the bluetooth driver from Zadig tool. It works for me even after restart! YAAAAY! I DON'T NEED to buy a stupid dongle Laugh Laugh Laugh

(11-16-2014, 05:54 AM)zombiezoom Wrote: Actually after shutdown and restarting my laptop, it no longer works! lol anyway uninstalling and reinstalling the Zadig drivers works for one time.

I had this problem from around a month ago and recently found out why it happens, if your drivers don't work after a restart it is because the 'SCP DS3 Service' did not startup correctly, go to your start menu, search for 'services' and then search for 'SCP DS3 service', right-click that and then select 'Start', It seems that there was a conflict with a recent windows update that has caused an issue and stops it from starting automatically hopefully someone can find whatever is causing the conflict and fix the issue.

Sponsored links

yeah, i used a modified version of scpmonitor that i found in this thread that have the restart service option. Sometimes can be necessary.
I recently found this driver to replace Better DS3 I was using and I have been using it with Pinnacle Gaming Profiler with good results. Zadig made it possible to use my Bluetooth adapter but is there no way to check battery level with SCP Driver? I did find the modified SCP Monitor + which was a very nice mod and should be added to the first post as an optional addon.

Second thing which profile in the profiler is the most like an XBox 360 controller for normal gaming use? Is there a manual that explains the profiler and it's mapping?
Can someone remind me what the button combo was to force your controller to turn off?
(11-16-2014, 01:54 PM)TheRealDealReece Wrote: I had this problem from around a month ago and recently found out why it happens, if your drivers don't work after a restart it is because the 'SCP DS3 Service' did not startup correctly, go to your start menu, search for 'services' and then search for 'SCP DS3 service', right-click that and then select 'Start', It seems that there was a conflict with a recent windows update that has caused an issue and stops it from starting automatically hopefully someone can find whatever is causing the conflict and fix the issue.

Nope! It starts fine and I did restart the service twice to no avail -_-

(11-17-2014, 10:24 AM)heatl0rd Wrote: Can someone remind me what the button combo was to force your controller to turn off?

L1 + R1 + PS button
I downloaded the latest version & the latest source but when i try to move them from winrar i get error message; Cannot open 7zxa.dll the system cannot find the file specified" and then it gives me the option's 'Close' 'Break Operation' 'Copy to clipboard', can someone tell me why im having this problem? It also says the archive is corrupt.
@Hannibal Khan: That sounds to me like your anti-virus might be picking up a file as a false positive. Maybe try disabling it while you extract hte archive.

My experience using this tool with a clone:
I've been able to get the SCP tool to recognize that my fake PS3 controller exists by using the Zadig ds3 preset to create a driver. I then changed teh GUID and PID/VID in the driver .inf file to match my hardware. However, it does not register button presses properly. What happens is only one button is being registered (square button) and when I originally press it it lights up multiple inputs for the xbox 360 game settings thing. After holding it down for a bit, it no longer registers anything and SCPmonitor displays the controller as "reserved".

Here are some screenshots to show what happened:

http://imgur.com/kwowrBk
http://imgur.com/ybWGRQ1

For reference, the controller IDs are:
GUID: 0059402A-2636-4325-8796-77BBFA2DC527
VID: 0E6F
PID: 0132

I realize that it's likely that this controller simply won't work or that heavy modification of the source code might be necessary, which is probably out of the realm of my rudimentary programming skills. I'm mostly posting out of curiosity and to see if maybe there's a simple edit I could do to get it working properly.

If anyone could help me getting it working, or would like to share a little bit of insight as to what's going on it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

Edit for clarification: I'm using a USB connected Ps3 controller and not bluetooth.
(11-18-2014, 05:48 PM)Joocyfroot Wrote: @Hannibal Khan: That sounds to me like your anti-virus might be picking up a file as a false positive. Maybe try disabling it while you extract hte archive.

Alright ill try that. I also realized i dont have Microsoft .NET 4.0 or the Latest Xbox 360 Controller Drivers. Could that be the problem? And do you have a link to where i could get the 360 controler Drivers?
(11-18-2014, 07:25 PM)Hannibal Khan Wrote: Alright ill try that. I also realized i dont have Microsoft .NET 4.0 or the Latest Xbox 360 Controller Drivers. Could that be the problem? And do you have a link to where i could get the 360 controler Drivers?

If you don't have .net 4.0 it could be a problem. However, in my case I have 4.5, and when I tried installing 4.0 it said that a newer version was already installed. I would just try installing it and see what happens.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/...or-windows

Keep in mind that you might have to re-download the SCP files with you AV off as well. Some AV will block false positives during the download process. Also make sure all the files aren't blocked by windows as per the instructions on page 1.

It's highly unlikely that either of these would cause problems when extracting the archive. You still need these downloads to use the tool properly though.
Despite the instructions I have absolutely NO idea how to install the updated drivers. The instructions I follow are all made unclear because I don't have any .exe's to run and install anything in these folders.

Probably because I being the idiot I am assumed it'd just be fresh batch of everything my old SCP Driver had in it, which had the three .exe files I needed.

I was using SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103 and all I had to do for that was extract it to a folder and run what was inside. I assumed this updated version was the same way but when I extracted the stuff into a directory (I'm no coder or script kiddy so I just assumed it meant to put it in a folder since I didn't have the one it preferred me to put it in.) and found nothing that'd actually install the drivers.

I'm incredibly confused, could someone help me out here? The version I'm running on works for a few goes but then doesn't register my DS3 controller so I need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. I came here looking for an update and the updated files I couldn't figure out how to use.

Am I supposed to put this stuff IN with the old drivers contents or what?

Sorry if I rambled on and didn't make myself clear enough. I'm a little woozy from too much sleep and have no patience for technology.