XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Awesome thanks!

Sponsored links

(02-16-2015, 05:35 PM)wanton Wrote: Hello everyone

I throw myself at the mercy of the infinitely wise devs and troubleshooters on this thread to see if they can pinpoint some issues I am having when trying to use this tool. I am by no means technically illiterate, and I have a rough idea how this allows me to use my DS3 and a generic BT dongle to work, however I keep failing at the final hurdle.

So, I appear to follow all of the steps absolutely fine. I can get my DS3 to pair to my dongle without any issues, and even when it's connected and I use the controller properties, I can see all the buttons and analogue sticks are working without any issue. However, I cannot say I am having the same luck when playing games in Steam. For example, I have recently bought the Resident Evil HD, and I do have partial functionality with my controller as I play over my BT connection. However, the level of functionality varies massively, with each variation lasting several seconds at a time. These variations include: Working flawlessly and responding perfectly, sticking buttons (so I tap the left analogue stick to move left, but I end up running in circles for a few seconds) and not responding at all. So over a period of a minute I can experience all of the afore mentioned issues.

My DS3 controller works with no issues when I am wired, so I have ruled out that as the cause and lead to believe this is a dongle compatibility issue. Also, I have updated my Bluetooth drivers using the Zadig tool, and I am up-to-date. My dongle is a fairly cheap generic model, and unfortunately I am unable to determine whether-or-not it is on the compatibility list on post #1 - if it helps, this is the model, CSR8510 A10. Finally, I cannot seem to replicate this issue with the controller properties dialog box, and all the input is working as it should. The issues only appear in game! Huh

Furthermore, when my controller is plugged in via USB, it appears as the "PS3 controller" under the "Devices and Printers" section (with SCP as manufacturer and driver). It is also present under the "Universal Serial Bus devices" list in "Device Manager". When I unplug the USB cable, and my DS3 subsequently connects to my BT Dongle, I cannot locate the PS3 controller anywhere. That being said, my Xbox 360 controller option remains, and when right clicking > game controller settings > properties> test tab, the input from my ds3 is shown to be working with no issues.

Sorry if this is rather long winded - I just wanted to provide you with all the details I can . Can anybody shed any light on what is going on? Do I need to buy a more reputable / sturdy BT dongle?

I really appreciate any help or suggestions on rectifying this. I am so close to being able to play my games via BT, and it only partially working is really driving me insane.

Wanton

Your problem seems latency, my dongle this, reports itself as the same CSR8510 A10, with this hardware ID: VID_0A12&PID_0001 rev8891.

I dont know if you are on desktop or laptop, but if you are on desktop, try moving the dongle to the front ports or using an USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable, to get it far from the motherboard, it could be causing interference. I had that exact problem when i plugged mine on tha back of my cabinet after testing it on the front ports, at first i thought it was the ports, so i just leaved it plugged on the front, but a few days ago I tried with an extension and voila, my problems were mostly gone, every now and then i get a little lag but its mostly from the software side, it also happened plugging it on the front, and on linux i dont have that problem.

As a sidenote, I dont know why you installed it with zadig, it shouldnt be necessary. If you had any problem, going to device manager and searching for the bluetooth adapter, you replace the driver for the generic one, and then yopu install SCPDriver, it should work, but well you already got it working most of it soo this is moot now.
(02-16-2015, 09:38 PM)neojam Wrote: Hi there,

does anyone else have problems with SCP-DS3-Driver-Package in games with enabled Force feedback and when playing with wired DS3 gamepad (9 feet USB cable)?

I have no probs whatsoever in games with no force feedback, or in games where I can deactivate force feedback feature.
But if a game has enabled force feedback, i can play it for a while and the force feedback features seems to be working at first, but then the gamepad randomly stops working and starts to vibrate constantly, not accepting any inputs (bottoms or directional).
I need to unplug usb cable from the pad (the ds3 pad will still continue to vibrate when disconnected) and then plug the usb cable back in (ds3 pad stops vibrating and works for a while, until the problem reoccurs :/).

I tried different DS3 pads, different usb ports (USB2 and UBS3), but the problem still persists.
Strangely the problem occurs only with longer USB cables (9 feet / 3 meters), with short usb cables (1 meter) I don't have this prob.
My Xbox360 and PS2 Dualshock2 (with adapter) controllers do work with 9 feet usb cable with no probs...
Anyone knows how to fix it?

Also thanks a lot Scarlet.Crush for this great tool.

Your problem is the cable. The longer the cable is, the thicker the wires should be, or you'll get interferences and loss of signal, if you got the cable for cheap, try with the short cable and a good usb extension cable, it shouldnt give you any problem
(02-19-2015, 10:13 AM)WeWe Wrote: hi can anyone help me with swapping Axis to D-Pads in Virtua Tennis 4
i mean when i play this game it only works with Axis and i want to play with D-Pad can this be done

Durazno, https://code.google.com/p/magical-tools/...azno?wl=en it allows you to remap xinput controllers.
Hey guys, I've been trying to connect my Dualshock 3 to my PC via bluetooth from last 4 days. Nothing is happening, as soon as I disconnect it from USB, it does not get connect to PC via bluetooth no matter what I do. I have a Dualshock 3 (Don't know is it Genuine or fake, bought it from ebay.in [India]). I used to have a PS3 but I sold it, I bought this Dualshock 3 specifically to run on PC as I do not have a PS3 anymore (though it works on PS3, checked it on friend's PS3). When I connect it via USB with your driver, It works fine, working in games too.
When I Install Drivers from your scpDriver.exe,it installs fine. scpMonitor is also showing DS3 in Pad 1 with a certain mac address and Bluetooth is also showing, But when I disconnect it from USB, it says reserved. and after blinking all four lights of DS3 for about 15-20 seconds it turns off and when I conncect it again it shows in Pad 2 with a different mac address, when I disconnect it reconnect it again it goes to Pad 3 with different mac address, But never connecting to bluetooth.
I have a Asus BT211 v2.1+EDR bluetooth dongle. It is in the compatibility list.

So my issue is not that it is showing in different Pads everytime I connect or it is changing mac addresses. The problem is that it is not connecting to bluetooth.

These are some screenshots, and picture of my DS3:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJ54dP...sp=sharing

Attached Files
.zip   ScpDriver.zip (Size: 943 bytes / Downloads: 164)
.zip   ScpService.zip (Size: 1,67 KB / Downloads: 172)
hi
is possible launch in tray icon Scpserver?
i have DS3..

thanks for the answers
(02-20-2015, 06:10 PM)SageX85 Wrote: Your problem is the cable. The longer the cable is, the thicker the wires should be, or you'll get interferences and loss of signal, if you got the cable for cheap, try with the short cable and a good usb extension cable, it shouldnt give you any problem

If the cable was the problem, then I would also have this problem with Xbox One/Xbox360/PS2 gamepads as well as all other USB devices that I'm using without any problem with that same cable (keyboards, driving wheels & etc).
The problems can only be on the software side.

(02-17-2015, 07:15 PM)krom Wrote: Having the same issues. Launch SCP Monitor, then go to Configuration and disable rumble. But still it can deactivates sometime/
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know you cant deactivate rumble natively in the SCP software.
Hope this problem gets fixes, kinda sucks playing without rumble...
(02-21-2015, 01:08 PM)neojam Wrote: If the cable was the problem, then I would also have this problem with Xbox One/Xbox360/PS2 gamepads as well as all other USB devices that I'm using without any problem with that same cable (keyboards, driving wheels & etc).
The problems can only be on the software side.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know you cant deactivate rumble natively in the SCP software.
Hope this problem gets fixes, kinda sucks playing without rumble...

If the problem would be on the software side the short cable would also give you trouble. The fact that it works with the other devices, doent mean anything since they have different current consumption.

And certainly, i dont know how it could work with anything but the DS3 since the Xbox One uses micro usb, the 360 is either wired or wireless, the play and charge cable doesnt send data and is not micro usb either; and finally the PS2 gamepads, i've never seen an adapter that uses micro usb, instead of its own cable, so you must have got a 9ft long extension cable, thats the only way you could use the same cable on all those devices.

But whatever, you need to do proper debugging
(02-21-2015, 04:19 PM)SageX85 Wrote: If the problem would be on the software side the short cable would also give you trouble. The fact that it works with the other devices, doent mean anything since they have different current consumption.
USB-Powered devices are designed to work with the current that USB-port puts through, so every USB2 powered device is using under 0,5 A.
Anyway, current is not the problem, cable length is also not a problem to cause a current fall off(specs for USB2 cable's max lenght: 16 feet and I am using 9 feet in total).
Also with Motion Joy drivers, my DS3 gamepad worked fine with that cable and I am not the only one having this issue with SCP.
And yes, it is an extension cable, congrats for figuring it out, Einstein.

But whatever, just leave the advice giving to people who actually have a clue.
I went out today and bought an Asus BT400 just for this in order to go wireless. Stupid dog keeps eating my cables... The ID's come up as USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB&REV_0112, USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB. (neither of which i could find on the supported list) I have tried the driver replacement from Post #1851. Uninstalled and reinstalled SCP and it will still not load the BT driver. Is there a way to add these manually? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RESOLVED. Got creative made it work.