XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(04-24-2015, 10:04 PM)T-Roy Wrote: thanks for the help! yes, you are correct i am not familiar with any of this.

out of these 2 which one is the latest version? i am kind of confused

Download latest version here. [1.2.0.160]

Download latest update here. [1.2.2.175]

or do we download the latest version and then update it to 1.2.2.175?

I was watching this youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFIqysSeD4

not sure if I should just follow the video or just download it from here and update it myself.

You download the latest version and the update. Then you just replace the original files with the ones in the update. The process is annoying because the original developer has seemingly abandoned the project, so the opening post can no longer be updated. Had he come back, he probably would have uploaded a version tagged FINAL that didn't need an update.

EDIT: I would follow the instructions here rather than on the youtube video. I personally NEVER download something from someone on youtube. Granted, something from a forum isn't all that much different, but this guy here has at least posted his source code. There is no way to really be sure what is in the youtube guy's package. He could even have unwittingly infected the zip if he happened to have a virus on his machine... but then again so could the developer of this project. Just be careful who you download from.

Sponsored links

I was directed here by looking for (now existent) MotionJoy and I assume this would be a good alternative, but none of the programs Iv used can detect my controller.

Im trying to use a 360 controller for a Windows 7 pc game. Iv installed the latest drivers from Microsoft for the controller and the system can see the controller but the drivers do not appear to be initialized. I was wondering if this is the sign of a bad or defective controller because I can still use this pad while using the Xbox console ?
(04-25-2015, 12:21 AM)RayfenWindspear Wrote: You download the latest version and the update. Then you just replace the original files with the ones in the update. The process is annoying because the original developer has seemingly abandoned the project, so the opening post can no longer be updated. Had he come back, he probably would have uploaded a version tagged FINAL that didn't need an update.

EDIT: I would follow the instructions here rather than on the youtube video. I personally NEVER download something from someone on youtube. Granted, something from a forum isn't all that much different, but this guy here has at least posted his source code. There is no way to really be sure what is in the youtube guy's package. He could even have unwittingly infected the zip if he happened to have a virus on his machine... but then again so could the developer of this project. Just be careful who you download from.

thanks! i'll dl from here
I always have to reinstall it to get it to working everytime I turn my PC off. It wont auto start which is a little annoying. How do I fix this
Anyone have any idea how to get the PS button (Guide button on xbox controller) to be bound on the keyboard? I tried to search but failed on that. I'd probably need some program that can capture the button press and change that to the button I want (on my case V for voice chat).

It seems to be possible using autohotkey but didn't manage to get it to detect my ps3 controller.

Will use xpadder to bind Start to V for now if I can't find any other solution.
[Edit]
Can't use XPadder, it won't disable the start button, it does both, Start and V.
(04-25-2015, 05:38 AM)Thirty Wrote: I was directed here by looking for (now existent) MotionJoy and I assume this would be a good alternative, but none of the programs Iv used can detect my controller.

Im trying to use a 360 controller for a Windows 7 pc game. Iv installed the latest drivers from Microsoft for the controller and the system can see the controller but the drivers do not appear to be initialized. I was wondering if this is the sign of a bad or defective controller because I can still use this pad while using the Xbox console ?

This is specifically for connecting a ps3 controller, not Xbox. As far as I know, Windows should be able to use an Xbox controller just fine.

(04-25-2015, 09:34 AM)Tywnnvlad Wrote: I always have to reinstall it to get it to working everytime I turn my PC off. It wont auto start which is a little annoying. How do I fix this

Do you actually have to reinstall, or does just running ScpServer work? It could be the drivers somehow defaulting back to the windows version. Need more information.
(04-25-2015, 11:50 AM)RayfenWindspear Wrote: This is specifically for connecting a ps3 controller, not Xbox. As far as I know, Windows should be able to use an Xbox controller just fine.

Do you actually have to reinstall, or does just running ScpServer work? It could be the drivers somehow defaulting back to the windows version. Need more information.

It works when i run SCPServer, but cannot put it in tray unlike reinstalling it.
(04-25-2015, 01:35 PM)Tywnnvlad Wrote: It works when i run SCPServer, but cannot put it in tray unlike reinstalling it.

It doesn't need to be in the tray to be running, but you need the monitor to see controller info. If the service isn't auto starting then you need to open a command terminal AS ADMIN and type:
Code:
net Start "SCP DS3 Service"

If you want the monitor to start automatically, then create a shortcut to ScpMonitor.exe and place it in the "Startup" folder that is in the Start Menu. That will direct it to start when you login.
Is there a way to re-map buttons? Aiming and shooting with L2 and R2, attacking with circle, jumping with square - it's just infuriating!
(04-26-2015, 04:43 AM)Crispy Bacon Wrote: Is there a way to re-map buttons? Aiming and shooting with L2 and R2, attacking with circle, jumping with square - it's just infuriating!

If the game in question doesn't have a way to do it, then ScpMonitor has the "Profile Manager". I opened it up for the first time just now. It took maybe 5-10 minutes to figure out how it works. You just add the buttons you want to swap.