XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@donny110:

Can you do the following -
1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

Sponsored links

Hey, this seems like a great alternative to MiJ! I've tried installing it, and while it works great over USB, the BT driver doesn't seem to get installed. I guess because my hardware ID hasn't been added? Well, here it is:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0189&REV_6919

It's an internal BT adapter (Intel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth® 3.0 + High Speed Adapter) in a laptop, which works perfectly with MiJ, so hopefully it can be made to work with this as well!
@RoadHazard: added your hardware id, see Post #639.
(04-15-2013, 06:51 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @RoadHazard: added your hardware id, see Post #639.

Thanks, seems to be working great now!

However, when checking the controller calibration I can see the analog stick indicator "vibrating" a bit, which never happened with MiJ. Is it because this driver just provides the raw input values (apparently the sticks are very sensitive), while MiJ adds a bit of a deadzone in the middle?

Also, is there a way to disconnect the controller manually, or do I have to wait for the timeout?
Hi there,

After some blue screens and PCSX2 crashes with Motioninjoy I was looking for a new driver solution. This works seamless. You have done some great work, my compliments! Today seems to be my lucky day.

However, my bluetooth isn't installing yet. Could you add these hardware ID's?

USB\VID_0DF6&PID_2200&REV_1958
USB\VID_0DF6&PID_2200

Thank you Smile
@RoadHazard: you can disconnect from BTH by either of the following -

1. Server initiated disconnect - Press and hold L1+R1+PS for 2 seconds.
2. Controller initiated disconnect - Press and hold PS for 10 seconds.

Note: if you have Steam running it may pop up it's Big Picture mode which is initiated with press and hold PS for 3 seconds.

The sticks do tend to float around their centre point a bit, no one has reported it causing any issues while gaming. (I just checked one of my controllers with Mij - floating was evident).

@blend.in: added your hardware id, see Post #639.
(04-15-2013, 08:11 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @RoadHazard: you can disconnect from BTH by either of the following -

1. Server initiated disconnect - Press and hold L1+R1+PS for 2 seconds.
2. Controller initiated disconnect - Press and hold PS for 10 seconds.

Note: if you have Steam running it may pop up it's Big Picture mode which is initiated with press and hold PS for 3 seconds.

Thanks! Yeah, I usually do have Steam running, so just holding the PS button has some unwanted side effects. But L1+R1+PS works great!
Hey Scarlet.Crush! Smile

Still the app working great, but I have some very, very rare occurance of this and wanted to ask you if you already ran into this problem, or somebody else you know.

Anyway from time to time I notice, that there are lags in input, or some keys are unresponsive for a couple seconds. It's eratic. Sometimes if I press one key, it will show pressed (in game or windows controlers panel) in 1 or 2 seconds, or if I press rapidly, some hits will be missed altogether.

Sometimes it will come to normal in a while, or if I remove usb bluetooth dongle, and put it back in again. Is it something you ran into, or it might be that the dongle I purchased is of low quality and sometimes it looses it's connection?

cheers
Lucas
@Raiser:
@spuh:

I've implemented a USB shutdown feature, so that a DS3 can be disconnected without attempting start a paired PS3. Turned out to be easier than I expected.

Install -
1. Stop the Service.
2. Replace ScpControl.dll in your install directory with the one from the attached archive.
3. Start the Service.

To use - Press and hold L1+R1+PS for 2 seconds. LEDs will flash for a few seconds, then go out and it is safe to disconnect from USB without starting your PS3.

@soyo: it's not something I've come across - put a lot of hours into Tomb Raider, RE 6 and Bioshock Infinite recently and had no issues.

Sounds like your Dongle is dropping packets for some reason - is your dongle connected on a front panel port away from other RF devices? does your DS3 have clear line of sight to the Dongle? (any obstacles between them, especially metal, can reduce signal strength substantially)

Attached Files
.7z   SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-0.8.0.100-Svc-Update.7z (Size: 26,23 KB / Downloads: 205)
Thank you so much for all your hard work I really appreciate it. That update works great.