XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Having hit uninstall, you should be good to start over. The exact steps that work for me are: 1) plug in the controller; 2) uncheck bluetooth; 3) hit the install button. That's about it. If it doesn't work, try checking "force install" in step 2. The instructions say it's not required for Windows 7, but i had to use it on my laptop.

Remember that, to remove the controller without turning on your PS3 automatically, you have to hold L, R, and PS for 2 seconds until all 4 lights start flashing again.

Sponsored links

I just tried using "Forced Install" but still no luck. All I see in device manager is the "Playstation® 3 Controller". And when I right click and select "Game Controller Settings" nothing shows up in the list. It was unclear whether or not I needed to Xbox 360 drivers so I installed them as well. Still no change... hmmm
Okay, let's try a different USB controller. I think most desktop computers have at least two USB controllers; the northbridge chipset provides some and then the motherboard manufacturer tacks on another one. I think mine has three because it also includes some Intel USB 3.0 ports. If you plugged the controller into the front, try plugging it into the back, or otherwise switch between different groups of USB ports, then try the process again.
Tried other ports, same story. I notice that in the install summary it only shows "DS3 USB DRIVER" I see that other installs include a bus driver and a service. Not sure why I am not seeing those.

Also, Corrodias, thank you for your help so far!
After you install it, check your services in Windows. Do you have an "SCP DS3 Service"? If not, then how about this: If you have been installing it from the Program Files folder, try installing it from somewhere else, from a new folder elsewhere that isn't covered by Windows' aggressive permissions policies. That is assuming you're on Windows 7.
Looking for some help here...

Running win7 x64 and I have disabled UAC.

Here goes what I have tried so far:
watched multiple youtube videos of how to do this
install the 360 drivers and all other required programs up to date (dx, vcredist and dotnet)
multiple install locations (in program files and random locations)
clicked on force install

What the problem seems to be is that it won't configure the service and start it when the install is complete. This is what my log look like and you will notice at the end it doesn't start the service:

INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\System\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_amd64_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
INFO - Will force install because driver is not better and force flag is set.
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)
INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\System\Ds3WinUsb.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ds3winusb.inf_amd64_neutral_15691982ca5c21ae\ds3winusb.inf".
INFO - Will force install because driver is not better and force flag is set.
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
When you download an archive from the internet it is marked with an Internet Zone flag by the OS, some archive managers pass on this flag to binaries when they are extracted (7zip doesn't). This will block the Service from being installed.

Remove the flag from ScpService.exe and ScpControl.dll by right clicking them -> Properties -> Unblock.

Or move the archive to a temp directory (eg C:\Temp) and unblock it before extracting the binaries.

Thank you!

Unblocking the files as mentioned by Scarlet.Crush worked. Note that I also had to unblock the monitor and service file as well.
Not sure if mentioned before, I installed Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600 and this worked fine. I just did the steps in the first post.
(11-30-2013, 07:02 PM)olverine Wrote: Not sure if mentioned before, I installed Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600 and this worked fine. I just did the steps in the first post.

that's odd. I'm gonna have to try again then. every time I've tried to do it, the installer is unable to recognize WIN81 as a configuration, so it uses the default configuration and that wasn't working for me.

I'm going to try it out on a fresh install.