XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hi,

I installed this software a while ago. I use a bluetooth keyboard and it happened sometimes, that the driver from this software replaced the keyboard driver. That's really annoying, because I have to uninstall the software, reboot twice and reinstall this software again. I really like this software and it's the best one out there, to use the ps3 controller on the pc. Is there any fix for my problem? I really love to use my ps3 controllers over bluetooth with this software and I really won't miss it. I could buy a new keyboard with the logitech unifying technology, but first I wanted to ask if there is any solution for this.

Thanks for any solution.

Sponsored links

(03-09-2014, 09:19 PM)dielectric Wrote: Do you have to enable them somehow or they worked out of the box? In my case they don't work even in "Game Controllers" Windows' tools.

they worked out of the box, never had any problem with them. Dunno why you have problems Sad
(03-09-2014, 09:19 PM)dielectric Wrote: Do you have to enable them somehow or they worked out of the box? In my case they don't work even in "Game Controllers" Windows' tools.

Run ScpMonitor and right-click the little icon in the taskbar, click Configuration and check "Map Triggers" - now they will work as regular buttons Smile

best regards,
- dink
(02-12-2014, 12:15 PM)Young Napoleon Wrote: Hey Scarlet, first of all I just wanted to thank you for this great driver - I'd tried MotionInJoy for like 2 days & found it worrying & horrible, but this is just amazing. I just have a problem & was wondering if anyone else has had anything similar (& hopefully some solutions).

First of all, I use up to 3 controllers (usually just 1) plugged in via USB. I'm too cheap to go for a bluetooth dongle atm, but I've got extension cords, so it's all G Wink I see most people are on BT here, though.
Sometimes the controllers just won't connect - the lights flash, they'll connect as the PS3 controllers with no Xbox icons, etc... I used to restart computer, but now just uninstall then reinstall the drivers to fix this. This isn't much of a worry.

More worrying is, lately I've been getting weird hangups. It started while playing Deadpool, but now also happens in PCSX2. Basically, controller 1 will stop responding, the keyboard will stop responding, the mouse will stop responding... I've left it quite some time, banging away at ctrl+alt+del occasionally, but to no avail. The game will keep going on, & I'll even notice the computer responding in the bg with Evernote syncs, etc.
What really boggles my mind is that the other night I was playing Tony Hawk 3 with 2 pads, & all inputs stopped responding except controller 2. Could still run game fine with second controller, but couldn't ctrl+alt+del or anything. It's becoming more frequent, too.

I wouldn't know how to properly test the conditions, but I'll sometimes play Awesomenauts for hours with 1-3 pads with no freezes, but it has happened two nights in a row with PCSX2 running Tony Hawk 3 within 10 minutes. All my pads are legit Sony ones, whatever the Australian model is.

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this, I'd love to know so I can feel safe playing Deadpool haha!

Thanks again to Scarlet.Crush, big props man.

Just throwing this back up as I can't seem to get it resolved. I've been too worried to try Deadpool again, but it happens often enough in PCSX2... I don't know if it's dependent on game. Definitely happened in THPS3, THPS4, SSX Tricky... It NEVER happens in Awesomenauts, & I've clocked in many hours the past two weeks... all pretty odd.
Hi!
I recently found out that it was possible to use ps3 controllers on your pc by using motioninjoy. Since that was a pain in the a** i reset my windows to a point before installing it and tried to install this driver. Via USB everything seems to be working fine, however via bluetooth it doesn't seem to be working. Since i'm kind of a noob when it comes to bluetooth, i don't really know what is reqeusted here.
I installed the dongle first via windows and then used scpDrivers as well as the zodiac to change them. Still, no luck with the bluetooth connection.
I think "sky-dragon" had a similar problem earlier, however i don't know if he could resolve it. Attached you will find my Service and Driver.log as requested. In the Scp.Monitor i get an HCI and LMP Version of 5.9999 so i guess it should work, however it doesn't Smile
Still, this is much better work than the motioninjoy and thanks for sharing this with the DS3 community Smile

edit - its working now, though i dont know what actually caused this.. maybe it was just a connectivity issue - thanks again for the great product Smile

Attached Files
.zip   ScpDriver.zip (Size: 2,92 KB / Downloads: 256)
Works great for me, but is it possible to have more than 4 controllers connected? The monitor utility is only showing 4 "slots" and more controllers didn't work, but both the Ouya and the PS3 support more than 4 controllers. So I wonder if it's just an oversight and adding support for 5+ controllers is easy or if there is actually some kind of hard limitation for 4 xinput controllers on Windows or something like that?
(03-10-2014, 05:56 AM)dink Wrote: Run ScpMonitor and right-click the little icon in the taskbar, click Configuration and check "Map Triggers" - now they will work as regular buttons Smile

best regards,
- dink

I don't mean triggers, however I use the setting you have mentioned. By L3 and R3 I mean buttons on sticks, according to this:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/a...r3-buttons
First off, big thanks to Scarlet.Crush for this awesome driver! I am a noob at this but I followed the installation instructions and my DS3 is working perfectly while connected with usb. However, I need to use it with bluetooth and it will not pair. I have no idea why, or how I can go about getting it to pair. If someone could help, that would be great!

I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit

Bluetooth dongle is: AZiO BTD-V201 Micro Bluetooth Adapter USB 2.0
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\5&297258BB&0&3

The DS3 Monitor shows Host Address: <Error> and then a mac address for Pad 1.
I also included the scp service log five and scp driver log file in the attached zip file. Thanks for any help!

Attached Files
.zip   ScpDriver.zip (Size: 9,1 KB / Downloads: 223)
(03-10-2014, 10:30 PM)dielectric Wrote: I don't mean triggers, however I use the setting you have mentioned. By L3 and R3 I mean buttons on sticks, according to this:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/a...r3-buttons

my bad, I misunderstood, sorry about that.

If mapping of triggers is active, the triggers get mapped to the button positions of L3 and R3 - and - L3 and R3 become disabled. This is due to only 10 button positions being available. I found a [it might]work-around for it though if you want to map the triggers AND use L3/R3: Keep map triggers unchecked, and Using the program JoytoKey (v3.7.9 or lower is freeware!), map Axis3(<0) to Z and Axis3(>0) to X, so now L2 will push the X key and R2 will push the Z key - then map them in your game, or use other keys in JoytoKey that your game needs, and L3 / R3 will show up as buttons #9 and 10.

p.s. I also use JoytoKey to map both the dpad & left thumbstick to number keys 7698 (up/down/left/right), so I can use either stick or pad in emulators and I don't have to configure them separately, its a handy tool Smile

edit: JoytoKey 3.7.9 and a quick tutorial on how to get it going is available here, http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm
and I almost forgot: Under Preferences tab, make sure Use axes other than X and Y are checked, and Use POV switches is also checked.

best regards,
- dink
(03-03-2014, 04:05 PM)xpdite Wrote: Hey, I'm having problems getting Bluetooth to work. I have 3 controllers (One genuine Sony and two knock-offs), and none of them will connect via Bluetooth. All three work perfectly fine, with all functions working, when connected via USB. The monitor shows "Error" for Host Address.

I may add that the genuine controller worked fine with Bluetooth with MotionInJoy (haven't tested the fake ones on MIJ as they are new arrivals).

The Bluetooth dongle's HID is:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_1915

[Image: 7hpa2.png]

Running Win7 Ultimate x64.

Any help in getting Bluetooth functionality to work would be greatly appreciated Smile

Quoting my own post from several pages back. Can anyone help?