XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Your trying to mix versions 1.1.* with 1.2.*, they are not compatible. The 1.2.* drivers now Pair DS4s automatically over USB in the same manner as DS3s.

From release notes for 1.2.0.160 - Post #2505 [first link on Post #1]

Quote:ScpControl
Added auto-pairing for DS4 via USB.
:
:
Ds4Pair.exe
Removed from Solution - no longer required.

All tools are included with the main download now.

Install and Update as per Post #1.
Follow the instructions in Post #1852 [Step 3 onward] to install WinUSB onto your DS4 when connected by USB.
Your DS4 should now be recognised and visible in ScpMonitor, it also should have been auto-paired.
Disconnect it from USB and press the PS button to connect via Bluetooth.

These changes were made to simplify the Pairing process and to make it the same as Pairing to a PS4. It allows you to use a DS4 on both PC and PS4.
- to use on your PS4 : Plugin via USB while your PS4 is switched on.
- to use on your PC : Plugin via USB while your PC is switched on [Service running].

If your DS4 has been previously Paired to your Dongle - follow the Re-pair instructions at the end of Post #2505.

Sponsored links

(04-20-2014, 01:58 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Your trying to mix versions 1.1.* with 1.2.*, they are not compatible. The 1.2.* drivers now Pair DS4s automatically over USB in the same manner as DS3s.

From release notes for 1.2.0.160 - Post #2505 [first link on Post #1]

All tools are included with the main download now.

Install and Update as per Post #1.
Follow the instructions in Post #1852 [Step 3 onward] to install WinUSB onto your DS4 when connected by USB.
Your DS4 should now be recognised and visible in ScpMonitor, it also should have been auto-paired.
Disconnect it from USB and press the PS button to connect via Bluetooth.

These changes were made to simplify the Pairing process and to make it the same as Pairing to a PS4. It allows you to use a DS4 on both PC and PS4.
- to use on your PS4 : Plugin via USB while your PS4 is switched on.
- to use on your PC : Plugin via USB while your PC is switched on [Service running].

8th times a charm? F*ck me dead I'll do it in the morning. Thanks for the help but I'll have to do it tomorrow.

EDIT:I tried doing what you said before going to bed but pressing the PS button isn't doing anything. Knowing me I've gone and screwed it up so much that I'll need to start all over again. Don't ever let me go near dangerous equipment...
I've been using SCP with my DS3 for a bit now. I've recently switched to a DS4 and it works great so far except one minor detail.

Previously with my DS3 I could push the PS button to connect via my BT adapter, later plug it in with the USB cable to charge, then unplug it when it was finished and it automatically switched back to the BT connection.

However with the DS4 this doesn't seem to work. As soon as I remove the USB connection after charging, the DS4 full disconnects and I have to push the PS button again to go back to the BT connection. Is this a currently limitation with SCP and the DS4? Or did I maybe miss something when setting up my DS4?

I already had SCP installed obviously for my DS3 when I ran ZaDiag to setup the DS4. Not sure if that needed to be done prior to installing SCP. But thus far it works except that one minor detail so maybe the order I setup the software in doesn't matter.

It's not a big deal at the moment I just find myself going ":S need to push teh button" since I keep forgetting lol.
Why is it that I can't use one BT dongle for SCP and another for normal BT needs? I've tried searching the topic about it, nothing.

I've also tried removing the device that I don't want to use SCP with and plugging it back in after installing the drivers and windows will just reinstall the driver as another SCP BT device.
Nvidia Geforce 770 GTX Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz RAM:8GB Windows 7
@ Scarlet.Crush
Thank you for making an awesome software.
Is it possible to add my bluetooth driver to the list?

USB\VID_0B05&PID_17D0

Thank you!
(04-20-2014, 09:46 PM)gotest Wrote: Why is it that I can't use one BT dongle for SCP and another for normal BT needs? I've tried searching the topic about it, nothing.

I've also tried removing the device that I don't want to use SCP with and plugging it back in after installing the drivers and windows will just reinstall the driver as another SCP BT device.
It took me a couple of tries but I figured this out eventually. Do the following:
  1. Install SCP (and have it take over all your bluetooth drivers)
  2. Go into Device Manager, find the device you want to use, right click, and select "Update Drivers"
  3. When it asks where to look, select "Look on this computer"
  4. On the next page, select "Choose from list of drivers on this computers"
  5. Select the correct driver for your device
Once you do that, it should reload the driver and you should be OK.
Hi,
I have an issue with the SCP DS3:
It works perfect via USB, but when I try the bluetooth conection it works for a while, (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes a few seconds) and suddenly the DS3 controller gets frozen. If I connect the DS3 controller in the USB it works again.
In SCP monitor, the numbers next to "BTH" also gets frozen.
I checked that my bluetooth (which it's integrated in my P8P67 Deluxe Mobo) is in the supported device list.
I'm using the latest version [1.2.0.160], I tried updating to the latest update [1.2.2.175], and now I have no idea how to solve this.
I'm running the SCP service in windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks for help!
First off, great work, this seems much more stable than Motioninjoy. But I'm definitely in the "rumble breaks USB connection" crowd. I know that it's due to the hub I'm connected to, but unfortunately due to my current configuration it's my only option; is there ANY way whatsoever to disable rumble? A system-wide solution work work just as well, since I never actually would use rumble in the first place. There are some games I've discovered that don't even have the option to disable rumble, and forcibly use it upon detecting that the input device is "an Xbox 360 controller", but this only serves to break the game every 5 seconds.
@ wohdin

Yes, you can disable rumble.

* Go to the directory where you installed the program and enter the /bin directory.

* Open "scpmonitor.exe", which starts a background service leaving an icon in the system tray.

* Right click on this icon, and select configuration.

* This will open a window. At the bottom of this window you will see a number of options you can toggle, one of which is the option to disable rumble. These options are global, and thus will affect how the controller works 100% of the time, not on a per-game or per-application basis.
Sweet, some actual settings! I was hoping there was more to this browser than a straightforward Xinput wrapping, and I'm pumped that there are indeed some customization options. Still not quite as verbose as I'd like for it to be (I did use sixaxis for some things back when motioninjoy actually worked) but I'm not gonna complain if it's the sacrifice I have to make to not suffer BSODs every other time my controller disconnected.