XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
I registered because I need to say thank you!

This software is awesome. We played Gang Beasts last night with 6 input devices! 3 Xbox 360 controllers, 2 PS3 controllers and the keyboard. Its so nice that the ps3 controllers even show the right number in harmony with the xbox 360 controllers. The 5th controller did not show any which slot it had but was recognized as well.

Next time we will try 4ps3 + 4xb360! I wish there were more games for so many players!

Sponsored links

This program's a beaut. Thank you for doing this. I think I've run into a small issue though - I can get the pad to rumble just fine when it's connected via USB, but once it's synced to my BT controller, rumble doesn't trigger any more. Any ideas what could be going wrong? I've uninstalled everything motioninjoy already.
hello,

the app is working fine on usb but i am facing problem with bluetooth.. i have dell laptop with dell 750 inbuilt bluetooth. the ps3 controller works fine on first intall and shows HCI and LMP version 6.1 something... but when i restart the systember the HCI and LMP version is upgraded to 7.1 and the controller doesnt pair on bluetooth if i remove the usb cable the pad is shown as reserved and doesnt work on bluetooth.. how to rectify this problem???
(03-20-2015, 05:33 PM)Nit3H8wk Wrote: I may try this it's cheap.

http://shop.controllermax.com/cronusmax-...tible.html

any suggestion of a cheap durable one that is known compatible with ps3/ps4 controllers and being sold over amazon? (has to be amazon from were i order)

going for this one myself...bluetooth 4.0
(03-22-2015, 11:27 AM)msuhaib Wrote: hello,

the app is working fine on usb but i am facing problem with bluetooth.. i have dell laptop with dell 750 inbuilt bluetooth. the ps3 controller works fine on first intall and shows HCI and LMP version 6.1 something... but when i restart the systember the HCI and LMP version is upgraded to 7.1 and the controller doesnt pair on bluetooth if i remove the usb cable the pad is shown as reserved and doesnt work on bluetooth.. how to rectify this problem???

I have the same problem with my built in bluetooth on my alienware 18. HCI goes from 6.1580 to 6.1000. I think it may have to do with the all in one broadcom bluetooth/wifi and the firmware being run from the driver and not the card itself. I think the only solution would be to reverse engineer the driver and i wish i had the knowledge to do so.

(03-23-2015, 08:55 AM)Nor Wrote: any suggestion of a cheap durable one that is known compatible with ps3/ps4 controllers and being sold over amazon? (has to be amazon from were i order)

going for this one myself...bluetooth 4.0

I see the asus bt211 and bt400 recommended mostly throughout this forum.
(03-21-2015, 01:09 PM)RayfenWindspear Wrote: I thought as much... OK, looks like I will have to modify the code myself. I guess I can learn about bluetooth development the hard way. This will be a royal PITA, but I have been meaning to delve into driver development anyway.

Anyone have an idea which source file to start with? I'd rather not have to flip through the whole thing just to modify a small portion of it.

So, I successfully modified the source to get my no-name controller up and running. It was indeed a one liner, and I was happy it only took 2 hours to find. The code is remarkably well written, kudos to Scarlet.Crush on that.

@Scarlet.Crush
If you still maintain this code, I would like to suggest that you add a way to configure both the ServiceByPass (Bthdongle.cs:765) and the "Fix up for Fake DS3" in BthDs3.Start(). With my specific device I don't seem to need the fix up, but I had to modify the code to add my device ID prefix so it would do Connection.ServiceByPass = true;

P.S.
As a side note, the rumble never worked when connected via USB, but it works just fine over Bluetooth. How odd is that?

EDIT:
OK, now I am curious as to what the service bypass actually does. If anyone knows offhand I would appreciate anything you can tell me. I am not sure I am patient enough to search the code merely for a curiosity... then again...
Hello!
Anybody manage to connect non original DS3 gamepad over Bluetooth dongle with SCPServer.
I notice that with version 1.2.0.160 it stopped after disconnection from usb but in version 1.2.1.175 program try to make connection and stopped on line L_2CAP Connection_Request 02
(PSM) 01..

Any help ?
Thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-24-2015, 11:16 AM)Stjepan1403 Wrote: Hello!
Anybody manage to connect non original DS3 gamepad over Bluetooth dongle with SCPServer.
I notice that with version 1.2.0.160 it stopped after disconnection from usb but in version 1.2.1.175 program try to make connection and stopped on line L_2CAP Connection_Request 02
(PSM) 01..

Any help ?
Thanks!!

You are in luck because I just figured out how to do that yesterday. I was getting the exact same thing on mine. Post your server log and I might be able to help.

EDIT: Oh look, you did post a log... haha.
That is the same controller as mine, though I was expecting it to have the same ID prefix as mine. The PANHAI at the end is what I can go off though.

So there are two ways I can fix this for you. The easiest is for me to just zip it up and send it to you. That, of course, means you are trusting someone on the internet who sent you a program. The more preferred way of doing this would be to either get Scarlet.Crush to merge my fix into the official build, or for you yourself to fix the one line of code and build the project for yourself.
(03-24-2015, 05:31 PM)RayfenWindspear Wrote: You are in luck because I just figured out how to do that yesterday. I was getting the exact same thing on mine. Post your server log and I might be able to help.

EDIT: Oh look, you did post a log... haha.
That is the same controller as mine, though I was expecting it to have the same ID prefix as mine. The PANHAI at the end is what I can go off though.

So there are two ways I can fix this for you. The easiest is for me to just zip it up and send it to you. That, of course, means you are trusting someone on the internet who sent you a program. The more preferred way of doing this would be to either get Scarlet.Crush to merge my fix into the official build, or for you yourself to fix the one line of code and build the project for yourself.

Hello,
You can either send me a zip file or tutorial how to do it if you wish. PM or email you chose.
Thanks!
(03-25-2015, 07:45 AM)Stjepan1403 Wrote: Hello,
You can either send me a zip file or tutorial how to do it if you wish. PM or email you chose.
Thanks!

Here is the dll file you need. Make sure you use the same update procedure as is mentioned in the first post by Scarlet.Crush. Mainly you need to stop the service, replace the files, then start it back up again. Though, you really only need to start it up again if you want it to run in the background and at startup.

EDIT: I have linked back here a few times so this is for those people. This is the fix for controllers identifying themselves with -PANHAI in the name. Also I attached a diff for those who want to compile manually. BE SURE YOU HAVE THE VERSION 1.2.2.175 BEFORE APPLYING FIX (that goes for the source code diff as well)

Attached Files
.zip   ScpControl.zip (Size: 47,17 KB / Downloads: 24.491)
.diff   BthDongle.cs.diff (Size: 386 bytes / Downloads: 5.031)