XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hello Guys,

I have been reading this thread and some others past few days as guest and now it was the time to join. Indeed this is a wonderful website and so is this thread.

I recently got a PS3 controller which is OEM or fake. I'm able to connect the DS3 to PC using SCP via USB cable and the controller works fine. However like most of people suffered, my controller is also not able to work in wireless via bluetooth.

It does pair when connected through USB but when removed, all the four LEDs start blinking but never stay or connect, instead go off after a minute. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall every related things but no luck. Eveything installs fine and bluetooth dongle is in support list. I have also tried on my laptop but still same issue.

The controller MAC address starts with 00:24:5C and has Gasia Co.,Ltd CHIP.

BTW; I also noticed that my controller's bluetooth is not visible when searching through phone or pc but those 4 leds do blink. Is it normal or should it be discover-able?

Hope someone will throw light on me. Smile

Edit: Just got my ds3 controller working on android using sixaxis controller app. That means the controller is fine but either bluetooth dongle is not pairing or SCP isn't (May be ScpControl.dll not correct?)

Thanks
Best Regards
How to modify ScpControl.dll to make fake DS3 controller working through Bluetooh
(This trick doesn't work for all fake controllers including those that show "Remote [00:00:00:00:00:00]" in log.

Sponsored links

(05-25-2015, 04:31 PM)Daytrader Wrote: Hi, everything installs ok and works great with controller showing in devices and printers, but every time i restart laptop it does not work, it seems SCP DS3 Service is always stopped, even thou it is in msconfig services, but always shows stopped, also in Component Services SCP DS3 Service is also shown as stopped even thou startup type is set to automatic, i can get it to work each time by going into services and manually starting it, but its a bit of a pain doing this each time, any ideals how to get it working correctly, thx

Just to add: in event viewer i get these errors each time below.

The SCP DS3 Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SCP DS3 Service service to connect.

Maybe i can help with a little i know. I had errors like this when i installed without unblocking. It may have been installed partially if you did not unblock. If you did and there is no other solution, you can write a simple batch file to start the service. You can find lots of guide if you google "start service batch".
(05-29-2015, 02:40 PM)bardozan Wrote: Maybe i can help with a little i know. I had errors like this when i installed without unblocking. It may have been installed partially if you did not unblock. If you did and there is no other solution, you can write a simple batch file to start the service. You can find lots of guide if you google "start service batch".

Thx for time replying, yes i did unblock, since this problem i have been useing the batch file to start the service correctly, less of a pain, but still looking for a fix, cheers again.
I have a problem. The drivers worked perfectly until a few days ago. Now when I play a game, the controller seems to disconnect for half a second and then reconnect. So I can hear the alarm that unplugging an usb driver makes and I lose control for just a moment. How often it happens seems to depend on how many buttons I'm pressing, so the more buttons I press the more it happens. It doesn't happen when I'm not playing anything. It can happen from once a minute to every two seconds at worst. Is this a known problem? I've tried to uninstall the driver and install it again, same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated.
k i succeeeded in plugin it to bluetooth with the new update everything works fine but it doesnt vibrate... i click both or left right or whatever but doesnt vibrate anyone know how to make it so it is vibrating?
can someone help me completely uninstall this so I can use better ds3 this scp server thing it makes my ps3 controller disconnect with certain movements and then stay disconnected until the pc is restarted just keeps giving the flashing lights. I originally used the regular ds3 but stopped because of the blue screens but I can get neither to pick up my controller which I think is probably because I cant get these scarlet w/e drivers off the controller
Hello Guys,

I got my fake ds3 controller working through bluetooth after few days of digging.

Here is what the issue I had before:

Controller used to work fine over USB cable but upon unplugging it doesn't connect via bluetooth, even though mac address is written into memory (paired) when connected over USB previously. Those 4 red leds/lights keep blinking for a minute and go off.

My controller mac address starts with 00:24:5C and device id is USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100

Here is what I did:

It was something to do with ScpControl.dll. Tried few modified ScpControl.dlls including those made for fake controller but none worked. Issue persisted.

So the only way was to modify that dll myself but I'm not so expert in programming. Did some research over internet and understood how to compile source files. I used monoDevelop aka Xamarin Studio which is pretty good software.

I had to change the mac address 00:26:5C to 00:24:5C in BthDongle.cs and BthDs3.cs files in source of ScpControl. i.e

BthDongle.cs

BthDs3.cs

Rebuild the ScpControl project (see below if you get error while building). Copy the modified ScpControl.dll created in \obj\DebugReplace and replace in SCP software folder. Unplug and re-plug controller and bluetooth dongle.

Thats it! Controller worked over USB as-usually but upon unplugging, it connected to bluetooth also with a single led/light on the controller. !@! Laugh

Here is the proof:

And attached the modified ScpControl.dll below.

Now the only problem is see is, the controller doesn't save the paired mac address upon disconnecting but resets to default mac (Something to 00:10:34Smile so when PS button is pressed, those 4 leds/lights keep blink and won't connect. It has to connect again to pc via usb to pair again and then it connects fine to bluetooth after unplugging.

Warning: Before you unplug usb cable, make sure only single led is ON (either blinking or stable). If all the leds are blinking slowly or all leds are off, it means the controller is not turned ON. Press PS button to turn ON.

Once the controller goes off, its memory resets to default mac address and it won't connect to your bluetooth dongle when turned ON (fast blinking LEDs) so you have to connect again to USB to pair. This is what happens with fake controllers atleast

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: if you get error like "The command "Copy /Y /B D...........exited with code 1. (MSB3073) (ScpControl)" when building ScpControl. Do the following.

In SCP source, copy the folder named "Common" which contains Properties\Info.cs and Resources\Scp.ico and paste inside ScpControl source folder. The error shows missing info.cs file and once you do the above, start to build again and the dll should be compiled successfully.

I don't think if this method correct but created ScpControl.dll works fine. Tested one Windows 7 and 8.1.

Hope this helps for those who still haven't able to use their fake controllers.

Full credits goes to Scarlet.Crush and without his source, this was impossible.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attached Files
.zip   ScpControl #3.zip (Size: 47,92 KB / Downloads: 758)
How to modify ScpControl.dll to make fake DS3 controller working through Bluetooh
(This trick doesn't work for all fake controllers including those that show "Remote [00:00:00:00:00:00]" in log.
I was installing stuff on my kid's computer and found out my cheap chinese PS3 controller had started to work with the latest version of the XInput wrapper. It worked with a cable before but now the bluetooth is working too. This is not an ad and I have nothing to do with the seller, just thought people might want to know this since the controller is very inexpensive, works 100% without any lag with my bluetooth dongle (some old $2 Bluetooth 2.0 EDR thingie). Just ordered a few more, the build quality on this one is not as good as in an original (and the dpad is just as crappy as it looks like, not like anyone needs to play with a dpad really tho) but it DOES have screws and I even managed to open it up and fix it when it broke, which is pretty exceptional for a chinese knock-off. Also it has survived a few years of use by myself and my 3- and 7-year old kids so it can't be all bad Smile

Here's the link, have some cheap fun if you need one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Bluetooth-...1855481782?

btw Scarlet, do you happen to have a paypal donate thing or something? Your wrapper has been so very useful to me that I wouldn't mind donating a small sum for the software, I'm saving nice cash anyway not having to buy original PS3 or, God forbid, XBox controllers for my PC games! Thanks for the excellent work.

EDIT: This looks EXACTLY like the older controller I have but there is, of course, a possibility that it's still a different one and doesn't work. I'll update the post when the controllers arrive and I can test them. Meanwhile, if you order them and they don't work, don't come knocking my door down as you have been warned Smile

EDIT2: Got the controllers today, they are recognized automatically - just need to plug them in with USB once and they're working with bluetooth as PAD2 and PAD3.
Both working beautifully, no lag and no problems with a cheap $1 Bluetooth dongle. Only tested with Grid Autosport splitscreen so far but as they are emulated
XBOX controllers, I can safely say that they simply work.
Is there a way to somehow configure the driver to handle L2 and R2 as buttons and not analogs? If not could this be added or is development stopped at this point? It would be useful for Dualshock 3s that have funky triggers that don't exactly replicate the 360 trigger action.
Well, i tried everything i know, but still, the ScpMonitor won't recognize my controller. I have a Battlefield 4 wired controller for PS3

Host Adress : Disconnected (I dont really care about this one, no bluetooth anyway)
Pad 1 : Disconnected

ScpDriver installed just fine.
Nor Motioninjoy (already full uninstalled it), Better Ds3 or x360ce (this one recognize the controller just fine, still wont work) work.
The controller works on some games, but the keys don't match any of the buttons, for example, it works on Castle Crashers with diferent controls but Skyrim doesn't even recognize my controller.