I got my fake ds3 controller working through bluetooth after few days of digging.
Here is what the issue I had before:
Controller used to work fine over USB cable but upon unplugging it doesn't connect via bluetooth, even though mac address is written into memory (paired) when connected over USB previously. Those 4 red leds/lights keep blinking for a minute and go off.
My controller mac address starts with 00:24:5C and device id is USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100
Here is what I did:
It was something to do with ScpControl.dll. Tried few modified ScpControl.dlls including those made for fake controller but none worked. Issue persisted.
So the only way was to modify that dll myself but I'm not so expert in programming. Did some research over internet and understood how to compile source files. I used monoDevelop aka Xamarin Studio which is pretty good software.
I had to change the mac address 00:26:5C
files in source of ScpControl. i.e
Rebuild the ScpControl project (see below if you get error while building)
. Copy the modified ScpControl.dll created in \obj\DebugReplace and replace in SCP software folder. Unplug and re-plug controller and bluetooth dongle.
Thats it! Controller worked over USB as-usually but upon unplugging, it connected to bluetooth also with a single led/light on the controller. !@!
Here is the proof:
And attached the modified ScpControl.dll below.
Now the only problem is see is, the controller doesn't save the paired mac address upon disconnecting but resets to default mac (Something to 00:10:34
so when PS button is pressed, those 4 leds/lights keep blink and won't connect. It has to connect again to pc via usb to pair again and then it connects fine to bluetooth after unplugging.
Note: if you get error like "The command "Copy /Y /B D...........exited with code 1. (MSB3073) (ScpControl)" when building ScpControl. Do the following.
In SCP source, copy the folder named "Common" which contains Properties\Info.cs and Resources\Scp.ico and paste inside ScpControl source folder. The error shows missing info.cs file and once you do the above, start to build again and the dll should be compiled successfully.
I don't think if this method correct but created ScpControl.dll works fine. Tested one Windows 7 and 8.1.
Hope this helps for those who still haven't able to use their fake controllers.
Full credits goes to Scarlet.Crush and without his source, this was impossible.