Xbox 360 controller xinput and direct input
I googled this problem and I couldn't find an answer to it, I have a wired xbox 360 controller with the latest drivers installed and using the the most current PCSX2 and lilypad plugin.

My xbox 360 controller will only show up as DX XBOX 360 For Windows (controller) under direct input, but it doesn't show up under xinput. I've seen threads where others xbox 360 controllers will give them the ability to use xinput for their pads, is there a driver I'm missing?

Sponsored links

I never needed a driver.
It is PnP after all.
It even seemed to sort of correct the way my wireless one was recognized (the labels of the buttons, that is).

Maybe try uninstalling whatever driver you used, and just re-plug the controller in.

Wait-- Did you check the XInput box in the Lilypad configuration?
(01-09-2012, 08:04 PM)Rezard Wrote: I never needed a driver.
It is PnP after all.
It even seemed to sort of correct the way my wireless one was recognized (the labels of the buttons, that is).

Maybe try uninstalling whatever driver you used, and just re-plug the controller in.

So your controller's are always getting xinput as a PnP device? The driver was just an update from windows update for it, but I'm still only getting directinput if I reinstall it.
Keep in Direct input .In Pad section try to refresh and push a button and the same time

It's work for me. Each time i must do it if i will that it recognize
(01-09-2012, 08:09 PM)Flare Wrote: So your controller's are always getting xinput as a PnP device?

Yes.
Always has on every computer I've plugged it into.
But PCSX2 (Lilypad) does start with DirectInput selected by default.
Thank you everyone for your support, I learned that the default PnP driver for most windows systems will assign a basic xbox 360 driver (direct input), so I had to track down the xinput driver on the microsoft website and now xinput works with PCSX2.
Is yours a 3rd party brand or something...?
I think it is Rezard. 1st post he says that windows sees it as DX XBOX 360 For Windows
You must be on windows XP, the default driver on vista and 7 is the common class driver.